PDA

View Full Version : Stained seat

QuietCropDuster
10-07-2014, 11:04 PM
I have what appears to be a water stain on my passanger seat. 2011 Mazda Speed3. It's on the black cloth portion of said seat. I believe it's from my gf having a Gatorade bottle in her lap, the bottle sweating, etc.

Thoughts on what to use or how to get the stain out? Will post a few pix in the am.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

van185
10-08-2014, 08:18 AM
One of the best products that I've used, without a hot water extractor, is Chemical Guys Fabric Clean. You can mix it as strong as you need to. Just spray it on let it set a short period of time. I normally use a brush and brush the area, not really hard, and then use a microfiber over top of a brush and brush the area until the stain comes out. I've really had good luck with Fiber Clean. I reacently purchased Meguiars D116 Protein Stain Remover and Meguiars D106 Fiber Rinse & Tannin Stain Remover which seem to work really well, but for a really good all around cleaner I work go with Fabric Clean.

AeroCleanse
10-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Folex, available at big box hardware stores.

jarred767
10-08-2014, 09:09 AM
What I like to try first on a lot of newer seats is to simply brush the seats with some sort of soft brush. I use this one:http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-41771694353694_2273_16815769
I dry brush the stains first and over 50% of the time the stain completely brushes away. It may not get everything 100% all the way into the seat, but if it's a light surface stain, it may do the trick. A lot of newer seats have fabric that the more liquid/cleaner you add, the more issues you can create (at least what I've found), so I always try this route first. Just what I do, good luck!

QuietCropDuster
02-14-2016, 11:57 PM
Fyi...I've been using folex for everything even on cloths and carpet stains, so hell I may even start drinking it (jk)!!

double thumbin' it!

Rsurfer
02-15-2016, 12:00 AM
Folex, available at big box hardware stores.

Fyi...I've been using folex for everything even on cloths and carpet stains, so hell I may even start drinking it (jk)!!

double thumbin' it!

Folex is hard to beat.:props:

GSKR
02-15-2016, 06:37 AM
As you described it's not really a stain but rather a ring water stain.Get a hot or warm wash cloth damp and gently blot or rub gently kind of blending the mark by wiping in each direction,the key is the drying process either crank heat for 20 min,or a hair dryer I have those same seats in my transit and worked on many of those seats and they are a pain to keep clean.

Mantilgh
02-15-2016, 08:47 AM
What I like to try first on a lot of newer seats is to simply brush the seats with some sort of soft brush. I use this one:http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-41771694353694_2273_16815769
I dry brush the stains first and over 50% of the time the stain completely brushes away. It may not get everything 100% all the way into the seat, but if it's a light surface stain, it may do the trick. A lot of newer seats have fabric that the more liquid/cleaner you add, the more issues you can create (at least what I've found), so I always try this route first. Just what I do, good luck!

Good info!

I would say it should clean up reasonably easy if that is what caused it. Your seat probably had some light soiling and it was dissolved some by the water and redistributed.

Fighting urge to make inappropriate comment