PDA

View Full Version : First use of NanoSkin Auto Scrub Towel

lineman
10-07-2014, 10:16 PM
It is said "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" At my age, I would rather think that old dogs are just used to what they have been doing and reluctant to change. I needed to clay my wife's , new to us car and I am used to traditional clay and needed to buy some for this project. I have been reading comments about the Nano Scrub products and thought I would fork over the money to try out the Auto Scrub Towel. I also bought the NanoSkin Lube which dilutes down to 7 to 1 for the Auto Scrub. That's 3.5 oz in a 28 oz spray bottle. I didn't use all of the 28 oz for the whole car. I figured that If I am getting into strange water I would stay with like products. For anyone sitting on the fence about these, if you can afford it jump in there. I'll not go back to regular clay! Aside from not having to throw it away when you drop it, it is so much faster, don't have to stop to knead it, you use your hand ( just like using a wash cloth ) rather than your fingers and you can use it over and over again. I used the fine grade and in less time than it would take using regular clay, the surface is as slick as glass, no marring and my fingers weren't tired! When your through, rinse it off, let it dry, put it in a baggie for next time. It's well worth the money even if you just do the family cars. If you can, try it, you will love it !

jamesboyy
10-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Congratulations on trying a clay substitute, yes they are a true blessing when compared to traditional clay, However I will add that it's best to keep track of how many times you use this substitute as it's said to clay over 50 or more cars.....happy detailing

lineman
10-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Congratulations on trying a clay substitute, yes they are a true blessing when compared to traditional clay, However I will add that it's best to keep track of how many times you use this substitute as it's said to clay over 50 or more cars.....happy detailing
Thanks for the suggestion. Since I'm just doing my wife's car ( my truck is a POS ) and my daughter's car every now and then, I'll probably never get to anywhere near 50 uses in the time I have left here on this earth. HOWEVER....no matter, the NanoSkin Towel is worth every cent I paid already!

Tato
10-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Your review is spot on, thanks a lot for taking your time sharing your thoughts.

My $0.02 is for you to fully inspect the paint after using a nanoskin device for clay marring, which will normally need (at least) one finishing polishing approach to put your smooth surface to an even, streak/mar free gloss.

Thanks for sharing,

Kind Regards.