PDA

View Full Version : healthalliance

healthalliance
08-12-2007, 04:52 PM
08-12-07

I'm a new member to the site and thought I might let you know that I'm a Senior Citizen who just purchased a 2007 Ford Mustand Conv.(black) and am reliving my teen years.
I've always been very particular on keeping up the appearance of my autos over the years and people have comented too this !
I had the new car treated with a paint sealant etc. at the Ford dealership before taking delivery. It's been washed a couple of times since in which I use a natural sponge for washing and California Blade to remove excess water and then micofiber towels for drying.
Now, I notice that I'm getting spide like lines in the finish of the car that seem to follow the same direction as you wipe it off.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong or can do to prevent such marks in the finish ???
All suggestions gladly taken-thanks.Feed back please

pirex
08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey healthalliance, and welcome to AG :) Thats a nice car you have bought, you will get some nice memories with it :D

Back to topic:

You can start to use 2 buckets when washing, 1 with shampoo and water, and 1 with just water. Wash one and one panel, first hood then fender etc. Between every panel, you rinse the sponge in the water, before putting it in the bucket with shampoo. Then you will reduce amount of dirty in the shampoo bucket, and in the sponge.

Just wipe the microfiber one way.

Thats what I have for you..

Gary Sword
08-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Welcome back to your teen years healthalliance! Enjoy your new car. I personelly don't like to use any kind of water blade on my paint. A leaf blower and mf towels are the way to go.

Reddwarf
08-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Instead of the California blade buy yourself a Guzzler (http://www.autogeek.net/waffle-weave-drying-towel.html). The 28" by 44" is on sale right now and worth every penny.

As Pirex said, use the two bucket method or buy a foam gun (http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun.html). Eithe way, use a good quality soap. AutoGeek has many choices of soap.

Have fun with the stang. My 76 year old Mom drives a 2000 convertible 5 speed V6 Mustang.

sparkie
08-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Welcome to AGOL... The guys are saying some good stuff about car care...

ehuth1
08-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Welcome! Good stuff above, so take notes.

ScottB
08-12-2007, 10:36 PM
most swirls and spiderwebbing is introduced in the washing and drying stages. Consider two bucket washing, and lots of clean water in second bucket. Also consider using a leaf blower and a good light towel for drying and spritz the finish with a qd'er before wiping to provide some addtl lubrication.

07ImpalaSS
08-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Welcome.

AL417
08-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Welcome and nice car you have there.

gary26
08-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Welcome, stay tuned here and you'll get a detail education.