PDA

View Full Version : How many of your neighbors are into car detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

NikonGuy
10-07-2014, 10:07 AM
On my street no one does anything to their car. Once in a while they'll wash it but absolutely nothing else. No vacuuming, cleaning glass, etc.

I am the only one that gives my car weekly car washes. I polish probably once a year but probably less now with new coatings.

expdetailing
10-07-2014, 10:13 AM
I don't see anyone on my street washing their cars either. There's a "Rain Forest" themed automated car wash at the top of my street on the main road that EVERYBODY seems to use. Usually, the lines are very long but the wait time is short. They are making some serious money there.
Lastly, I clean my car so much that I know what the neighbors are thinking when they see me out there so often.

dlc95
10-07-2014, 10:29 AM
None! For three of them, I take care of their cars when the weather permits.

KMdef9
10-07-2014, 10:36 AM
None. Used to have one guy who cleaned his motor cycle often, but he dumped it.

Pretty sure my neighbors think I have OCD.....

..... and they're right.

dennis hiip
10-07-2014, 10:36 AM
None of my neighbors, friends, or family give a hoot about detailing. My GF keeps her car clean and appreciates my efforts.

feslope
10-07-2014, 10:38 AM
None, not one.

Desertnate
10-07-2014, 10:44 AM
I'd say one or two at most, and that's probably a stretch.

I've seen two neighbors wash their cars on a couple occasions, and I've only witnessed one possible waxing, but it was an unconfirmed event.

I've found the people in my area really don't seem to care what the vehicles looks like as long as it's "clean". My neighbors think I'm certifiably nuts.

02xtreme07SS
10-07-2014, 10:46 AM
None. I'm the neighborhood freak. I actually feel self-conscious when I break out the the MetroVac Air Force Master Blaster.

actuator_mz3
10-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Actually, I spotted my neighbor using a electric blower on his car the other day. I thought to myself, whew, there's one neighbor who understands. He keeps his cars pretty nice.

But in general. nobody. You can just walk through a parking lot almost anywhere, and can tell nobody is into detailing in my area.

Bill1234
10-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I see some of the neighbors do work as they do the occasional wash and wax. I am the full blown properly done person though. They know that the car is nice looking, but it does take hard work and time to do.

silverfox
10-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Keep in mind that over 90% of car owners (and that figure I'm guessing is probably low) don't give a #### about sweating over a car. Its transportation and nothing more...and if they wash it...its not by their own hand.

DaHen
10-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Only one down the street will occasionally wash one of his. The rest don't even open the hood to check the oil or the other fluids let alone give them a wash.

fly07sti
10-07-2014, 12:03 PM
None of my neighbors, friends, or family give a hoot about detailing. My GF keeps her car clean and appreciates my efforts.

Marry Her!!!!

Jaretr1
10-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Funny, I thought the same thing. I dont ever see any of my neighbors washing their cars. They must all thing I am insane as I am washing my every Sunday more or less. Although there is a police officer on the street behind me and I saw him washing his patrol car, he keeps it clean (you would think they all would as its their rolling office).

Loser
10-07-2014, 12:53 PM
One other neighbor down the street takes good care of his cars. Other than that, I've never seen anyone else even shoot a hose at theirs. My neighbor across the street got a new car about 2 months ago for a daily driver and it has yet to get washed. Makes me sad looking at it.