PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Chevy Avalanche Detail

RobRabbit2.5
10-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am going to be detailing a 2009 Chevy Avalanche this coming weekend for one of my best and oldest friends. It is his fathers truck who has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in his spine and is bedridden. This detail will be done before the sale of the vehicle to help with his medical bills. No pressure right..... :buffing:

I have tried to arm myself with some of the highest quality products on the market for foreign vehicles but would like to get the absolute best stuff for this american car application. I want to make this thing look as good as i possibly can for this family. They are wonderful people who have been nothing but good to me. I am unable to donate to his fund at this time so offering my tools and materials is the best that i've got.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

parttimer
10-06-2014, 02:05 PM
List what you have, many products can be used on "American" cars as well as "foreign" cars.

RobRabbit2.5
10-06-2014, 02:16 PM
List what you have, many products can be used on "American" cars as well as "foreign" cars.

:iagree:

I just want to hit it out of the park for them. Just wondered if anyone had experience with this model/year vehicle and specific products that were exceptional or advice on the applications thereof.

I will be posting before and after pics for this detail as well.

refreshauto
10-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Where are you located, maybe one of our other members would donate some time and help you out with this huge project

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AG Online

allenk4
10-06-2014, 03:35 PM
If you are in SoCal, I would love to volunteer my time to such a good cause

Send me a PM

RobRabbit2.5
10-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Live in the ohio area but thanks guys for such a nice offer. Sat is the day. Ill post pics soon.

parttimer
10-08-2014, 06:27 AM
I live in Ohio as well, what part? I have two cars to do already this weekend tho.

RobRabbit2.5
10-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I live in the Akron Ohio area. I have ordered some new items and should have everything i need for a "full service" detail and trim restoration on this vehicle. I'll post pics soon after Sat.

Wish me luck. And again any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Already found a buncha good info from this forum on avalanche.

eaglefan
10-08-2014, 11:04 AM
I used Tuf shine plastic restorer 3 1/2 yrs ago on my avalanche. I top it with UTTG once in a while. Its holding strong.

parttimer
10-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Good luck man.

Don M
10-08-2014, 02:09 PM
What products do you have & what is your plan of attack?