PDA

View Full Version : Wax Removal From Vinyl

Hermes1
10-06-2014, 10:10 AM
The last time I waxed my truck, I made the bonehead mistake of forgetting to mask off the vinyl on the top of the bed and as a result it shows. I tried a product from Griot's Garage and it removed some, but extremely time consuming. I then tried a product from Dura Gloss, it worked much quicker and appeared to remove the wax residue, but then it has come back, not as bad but still there. So looking for a product recommendation from the experts. Thanks.

Bunky
10-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trimmer cleaner works well. It comes with bristle brush that helps even if you use other products like all purpose cleaner. Mothers is not as messy since it is a gel and stays in place while working it.

Hermes1
10-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trimmer cleaner works well. It comes with bristle brush that helps even if you use other products like all purpose cleaner. Mothers is not as messy since it is a gel and stays in place while working it.

Thank you, I will give it a try.

Hermes1
11-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Well finally got a chance to do my trim with the Mothers Back to Black and all I can say is wow! Very easy, to do and not only removed all the dried wax which has been on some time, but unlike one of the other products I tried, it so far after a couple days has not come back. Thanks Bunky for the recommendation.

cardaddy
11-03-2014, 04:59 PM

Well doggone.... beat me to it.

That stuff is BAD AZZZZZZZ. :D

I bought 2 of those kits back when it first came out and LOVE them.

I'd swear, I mean SWEAR that it's concentrated 409. (Sure smells like it!) :dunno:

I think the other part of that system, the B2B Trim Sealant has gotten good reviews as well. Can't say myself though as I'm still going through all my other trim sealants before I try it. OTOH I do have a $25 gift card from Advance Auto Parts hanging on my bulletin board that I've been dying to spend. :) Might be a good time to try the Turtle Wax tire sealant along with the Mothers B2B Trim Sealant. ;)

(Shhhhh don't tell CarMomma, she wants that card for her next oil change special.) :laughing:

Krindgen
11-05-2014, 11:55 AM
What I've done is, if you use that Back-in-Black stuff before, especially polishing, it's much easier to clean after. The polish doesn't soak in as much or at all.

The Guz
11-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Back to black does indeed work better after using the trim cleaner. It also lasts a little longer.