PDA

View Full Version : LSP applied with 7424

spewking
10-05-2014, 04:37 PM
I had my first experience applying 4*UPP with my pc7424 polisher. Had always done by hand before.

It was great. Seemed I could get good coverage without over applying the sealant.

Questions:

Do you guys prefer applying sealant by polisher or by hand?
I had speed on 3 and did a couple of passes in each direction with no pressure. Is this what you do? Recommendations?
What pad do you use? I had a black CCS. I hear the gold is softer and would have used if I had one.
I know the sealant does not need to breakdown -- it is about coverage. Right?

Thanks. I love UPP and liked the polisher application.

jamesboyy
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
I had my first experience applying 4*UPP with my pc7424 polisher. Had always done by hand before.

It was great. Seemed I could get good coverage without over applying the sealant.

Questions:

Do you guys prefer applying sealant by polisher or by hand?
I had speed on 3 and did a couple of passes in each direction with no pressure. Is this what you do? Recommendations?
What pad do you use? I had a black CCS. I hear the gold is softer and would have used if I had one.
I know the sealant does not need to breakdown -- it is about coverage. Right?

Thanks. I love UPP and liked the polisher application.

Congratulation, sounds like you did a great job, as for the questions I prefer applying a LSP in both methods more by machine as it's quicker/more thin uniform coverage though, your application seems good, I uses a black, red or the gold pad sometimes the blue pad too as for your last question yes it's just about coverage unless it has abrasives inside the sealant

FocusSTguy
10-05-2014, 06:36 PM
I recently applied wax for the first time with a DA and agree it worked great! Even coverage and used less product. I don't see myself doing it by hand anymore.

The only bad thing I've read is the pads can be a pain to clean.
I used a LC blue finishing pad.

spewking
10-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I recently applied wax for the first time with a DA and agree it worked great! Even coverage and used less product. I don't see myself doing it by hand anymore.

The only bad thing I've read is the pads can be a pain to clean.
I used a LC blue finishing pad.

Agree -- the pads are difficult to clean. What do you guys do? I soaked mine in a strong APC solution and then had to wring out by hand...ugh. Suggestions?

jamesboyy
10-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Agree -- the pads are difficult to clean. What do you guys do? I soaked mine in a strong APC solution and then had to wring out by hand...ugh. Suggestions?

I will usually soak them in apc with the hook and loop backing facing upward, then under running water, and dish soap massage out any left over product out until rinses clean then place on a rack/some place with backing facing upward....though to lessen the amount of product just use less or wake it up by using a spray of detail spray

Kamakaz1961
10-05-2014, 07:33 PM
spewking! You did everything the way I would. I put my PC 7424 XP on speed setting 3 and just go spread over the panel as much as I can. IMO you can cover more and get a more uniformed application. I will no longer put any LSP (wax included) with a hand foam applicator. I also use the Flex 3401 VRG too. I use speed setting 1.5 to 2. The only time I use a hand foam applicator is for the areas a DA can't cover like below the door mirrors. I will use a 3 - 5.5" Pad for the PC and 5-6.5" Pad for the Flex.

As for pads... I use the Red Lake Country Pads for sealant. The Gold Jeweling Pad is for wax. Both are excellent LSP Pads.

Welcome to the DA Force. I am pretty sure you will no longer put on LSP by hand....that is my guess.

As for cleaning the Pads I will put them in a bucket with Hot water and let them soak for at least 10 - 15 minutes with dishwashing soap. I squeeze and then scrub the pads with a brush and rinse them (really well) and they are just like brand new.

Don M
10-06-2014, 10:48 AM
I clean the pads with Murphy's Oil Soap. it seems to dissolve the waxes out of the pad, then a light spraying with some APC to get rid of any residue from the Murphy's. Works well for me.