PDA

View Full Version : Door jamb cleaning

spewking
10-05-2014, 05:29 AM
What products do you use to clean door jambs, e.g., metal part on inside of doors, floor running boards, inside metal on door frames, etc?

I used some WW+ in a spray bottle for the first time on these areas and it worked great!! Even cleaned the rubber seals with it too.

I am planning on applying some spray wax on these areas for winter, and applying some dg501 to the rubber.

What do you use to clean these areas? Thanks.

Bunky
10-05-2014, 06:16 AM
If they are really dirty, you can use something like P21s Total Auto Wash.

PA DETAILER
10-05-2014, 06:18 AM
After they are clean, i seal them with blackfire crystal seal.
The rubber gets treated with.....
Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege, gummi pflege (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-rubber-care-stick.html)

DogRescuer
10-05-2014, 06:49 AM
After they are clean, i seal them with blackfire crystal seal.
The rubber gets treated with.....
Einszett Rubber Care Stick Gummi Pflege, gummi pflege (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-rubber-care-stick.html)

I keep mine clean so most time after a rrinseless I will hit them with a qd, but that's me

Audios S6
10-05-2014, 08:02 AM
For my cars, just wiping them after a wash is sufficient to maintain them.

For customers, one of several chemicals:ONR, Zep Citrus, OPC depending on severity, perhaps applied with a tornador. For the worst cases, Zep Citrus, D108 or OPC along with the streamer.

spazzz
10-05-2014, 09:31 AM
I wipe down the door jambs with my guzzler after drying the shell. The guzzler by then is loaded with a healthy dose of Megs UQW. Once a year I wax them like the rest of the car. I treat the rubber with the Gummi Pflege before and after winter.
If the doors ever have a problem in winter freezing, I will use some 3M silicone spray that is safe for rubber.

AeroCleanse
10-05-2014, 11:51 PM
What products do you use to clean door jambs, e.g., metal part on inside of doors, floor running boards, inside metal on door frames, etc?

I use steam.

lawrenceSA
10-06-2014, 05:07 AM
Almost all of my details are 'full corrections' so door jambs are usually not well kep..... they will get sprayed with APC, agitated with brushes and HP rinsed. Then I use AF Tripple to help clean ingrained dirt, add some gloss and leave a little protection behind.

BobbyG
10-06-2014, 05:29 AM
I generally use a terrycloth along with some soap and water to clean door jambs and door frames. Once cleaned they're very easy to maintain with a light cleaner and cloth. :props:

Bunky
10-06-2014, 10:38 AM
I always use separate towels for the jambs (not used on main paint) because they can pick up oil from hinges and strikers.

As Bobby says, once you get them clean and apply a spray wax, they will be easy to maintain.

Don M
10-06-2014, 10:43 AM
I spray them down with a very mild solution of Simple Green and agitate the areas with an old mf towel. Then I rinse them with a stream of water from the hose. They get wiped dry after the rest of the car with another old mf.

JVD
10-06-2014, 11:06 AM
OPC for initial cleaning of neglected jambs. Then Opti Clean for maintenance.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-06-2014, 08:21 PM
After you get them clean use an AIO like Klasse to remove light imperfections.

goldenlight
10-07-2014, 09:24 AM
if I would clean my door jams, I would probably use a rinsless wash along with a special wash mit...

KMdef9
10-07-2014, 10:27 AM
If neglected, wheel woolies with APC.

If pretty clean, just a general purpose MF and ONR.

If they're in between, I'll use an underbody/wheel MF.