PDA

View Full Version : Wash Logistic Question

larry33
10-05-2014, 02:05 AM
I've heard many times not to mingle microfiber towels and to wash them based on purpose and to some degree color.

So here's my question. I wash my own car on Saturdays. I use:

1. MF mitt for top 2/3 of car
2. MF mitt for bottom 1/3 of car
3. Black tire towels
4. Dry towel
5. Terry cotton towels for carpet stain
6. All purpose MF towel for dash, trim, etc.

Saturday night should I really run 6 loads of laundry of almost 1 towel each load??

I was also told I needed to wash them and not let them sit. Otherwise I would have been inclined to wait for 3 weeks and do at least a little bigger batches.

BillyBob444
10-05-2014, 02:11 AM
Do not think to hard on mixing colors.
Do not separate loads for different color towels.

I wash all my towels at the same time.
Never have I seen even the slightest color change.

Depends on if your washing in cold or hot, I believe. My mom does the laundry soo...

Don't blame me for any mistakes.

Tacket
10-05-2014, 03:08 AM
I was everything together except my wheel towels as those get soiled much more than any others.

Nomadsto
10-05-2014, 04:37 AM
My rule of thumb is, everything that touches the paint gets washed on its own. Those are also the softest and newest towels. I pile up a lot of towels and wash when the little buckets I toss them into get full, every 2 weeks or so. I dry them all together. I don't worry about colors running together at all, they'er not going to transfer to my clear, so whats worry?

aim4squirrels
10-05-2014, 06:43 AM
I personally would wash everything together except for the Terry cloth towels in the microfiber load. The Terry cloth will lint and particles will lodge themselves in your microfiber towels

If your wheel towels are heavily soiled, then do those separate as well. I use tuff shineon my tires, so a regular wash mitt gets used on tires, rims, and wheel wells and washed separately there.

larry33
10-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Interesting...so no-one has a problem washing their wash mitts with their drying towels?

Moldavite
10-06-2014, 01:48 PM
I use wash my mitt with ww drying towel until I recently change the process :)

cfiiman
10-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Interesting...so no-one has a problem washing their wash mitts with their drying towels?

I always wash my mitt and drying towel together, simply b/c the both touch my paint, so either one would damage if something was wrong, I don't see the point in seperating the two.

I also wash microfibers that touch paint with wax products separately, but I think i'm going to ease up on that b/c I'm constantly "drying" the car with spray wax anyway so what's the point.

Everything else, interior, detail, glass, dirty places, wheels, etc. gets washed together separate from the paint towels.