PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' cold out there, Chicagolanders!

kevincwelch
10-04-2014, 09:08 AM
38 degrees and rainly by my look at things. My garage is insulated, donut isn't as cold as it is outside. But, that won't last for long. Time to start packing up the products and bring them in doors. It's also time for me to start making up my ONR packets for quick mixing so I can keep the car decently clean through the winter. My car is coated wth 22PLE so this will help through the winter. Wheels and tires tend to get a little neglected through the winter.... My summer tires and wheels look nicer. Both are coated with C1.

So, what are your go to products for winter cleaning?

This is what constitutes my winter bin:

ONR bottles + hot water
DP interior cleaner
Duragloss rain repellant glass cleaner
Carpro Reload/22PLE Top Coat
Tuf Shine tire cleaner
PERL
Meguiars APC

Brace yourselves... Winter's coming.

Sent via mobile device.

Rmd
10-04-2014, 10:04 AM
What is this thing you call "winter"? 99 degrees here today in Southern California. Seriously, good thread though. It is a great idea to get input on the effectiveness of different products in extreme cold vs heat, and dry vs rainy.

Larry A
10-04-2014, 08:11 PM
They say that it will be a bad winter in the Chicago area. Hope there wrong.

custmsprty
10-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah we are finally getting our first break here in Tampa, supposed to be 60 in the am, really low humidity and a high of 80, chamber of commerce weather!!! Yeah man!!!!!!!!!

atgonzales
10-05-2014, 07:35 AM
putting a coat of Collinite Double Coat on my 2014 Mustang

wdmaccord
10-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Hoping we stay decent here for a few more weeks so I can get my car done and maybe a couple friends for a quick buck or two.

I keep everything inside year round except for the DG901, which stays in the garage through the summer. Bout the only thing I use over the winter is DGRW+AW. But even by January it usually gets too cold in the garage to do RW using hot tap water. That usually means a couple months of the touchless for me.

HD.Detailing
10-05-2014, 09:59 AM
yeah it freaking snowed in chicago yesterday morning

davidc
10-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Duragloss rain repellant glass cleaner

Does the rain repell help with the ice removal on the glass ?. Just curious. I use it here in AZ. but the daughter is in Minot ND. and I just sent her some with the last order. Her windows always received a coat of R P when it was here. She has a greater chance of ice in Minot than Tempe. Any idea of the longevity in your area ?.

Dave

Klasse Act
10-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Yeah yesterday sucked, paid for a carshow that I couldn't even attend because the weather sucked all day long:eek:

I did apply 3 coats yesterday down in the garage as the car was cleaned the night before, so I was productive atleast.

All this talk about a bad winter sucks but I'm buying snow tires so I can get through it easier!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

dsg03gt
10-05-2014, 12:36 PM
38° when I left for work this morning. I want the 90° weather back already!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

MarkD51
10-05-2014, 01:13 PM
In pertinence to Chicago Weather, I know it all too well.

The things that bothered me was the salt. You'd probably have to be 100 miles out of Chicago to get away from that wrath which eats a vehicle to death long before its time.

I often moan and groan about the New Mexico Dusts, and Winds, but I'll take these conditions here any day over that nasty salt.

Vegas Transplant
10-05-2014, 05:53 PM
What is this thing you call "winter"?

ROFL

I left Lafayette In. yesterday...miserable.
Much nicer here in Chattanooga.
Jacksonville by ten a.m.