PDA

View Full Version : may be purchasing extractor opinions?

Pages : [1] 2

orofinobodyshop
10-03-2014, 07:42 PM
We are an established shop looking to get better results and higher production. We have been shampooing carpets by soaking with cleaner and scrubbing by hand followed with wet/dry vacuuming. Will we get better results with an extractor, if so witch one. Cost is not really a consideration. TYA

Ryan509
10-03-2014, 08:30 PM
If cost isn't an issue, have you considered steam?

jaxtalonturbo
10-03-2014, 09:18 PM
We are an established shop looking to get better results and higher production. We have been shampooing carpets by soaking with cleaner and scrubbing by hand followed with wet/dry vacuuming. Will we get better results with an extractor, if so witch one. Cost is not really a consideration. TYA

I have a Mytee HP60 and a small steamer. I find myself on most cars using my hands/brushes/folex to do spots, and the steamer to clean out consoles/cupholders, etc. The HP60 is just so heavy and bulky, I often don't use the extractor unless the carpet and mats are particularly filthy. I'm definitely happy I got mine though, it saves a ton of time when it's needed.

Fast Eddie
10-03-2014, 10:09 PM
. Will we get better results with an extractor, if so witch one. Cost is not really a consideration. TYA
IMO, absolutely yes. I went the whole shop vac route when I first started out a long, long time ago. It took me 6 months in before I got my extractor and I've been using the same one for the past 6 years. It's an essential tool in my detailing arsenal and I wouldn't be without it....especially on rat nasty interiors which I do lots of.

miad
10-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Am I the first to think.....extractor. Opinions?

which.

smh

It kills me how people who own a business don't at least spell words correctly. Punctuation, a little different, but spelling is HUGE.

You're better than this, I know you are.

Mach1USMC
10-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Am I the first to think.....extractor. Opinions?

which.

smh

It kills me how people who own a business don't at least spell words correctly. Punctuation, a little different, but spelling is HUGE.

You're better than this, I know you are.

I think we all noticed that, however being a grammar/spelling Nazi won't win you many friends. Plus you could literally spend every waking moment correcting spelling errors on Forums- again, making you the target of disdain regardless of your intentions.

Good luck OP - I'm in the same boat. Not sure which one to get, my McCulloch just died and I'm looking to upgrade.

orofinobodyshop
10-04-2014, 11:21 AM
First, please forgive my spelling. Sometimes when I type my brain moves faster than my fingers can keep up, still learning to type on a tablet.

Second, we are in rural Idaho and deal with VERY soiled carpets. (think loggers, ranchers, and 4x4s) we have also thought about purchasing a steamer as well as an extractor. I think we will go with the mytee hp60 what would be a good steamer to complement this?

expdetailing
10-04-2014, 01:06 PM
IMO, because an extractor extacts, I feel I am cheating the customer if I don't use it. Sure, you may be able to achieve the same look appearance wise with other methods, however I am not comfortable knowing I could have done a more thorough job with an extractor than had I not used one.
That's the perfectionist in me, I guess.

Kengo123
10-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I think the real benefit of using the extractor over hand shampooing and wet vac is the amount of suction you get from the extractor. A lot of vacuums you get at home depot, even the big hp 16 gallon ones, have like 60" of water lift, while most extractors have well over 100".

Hand shampooing for me goes pretty quick though, because the volume of water and cleaning product used can be laid down quicker and heavier than an extractor. Sometimes its not a great thing bc of oversaturarion, wicking etc.

I think chemicals make a bigger difference than the machine. If you pretreat the carpet with a good pre spray before you lay down your shampoo, and lay down a fiber rinse product to neutralize the alkalinity of the cleaner, then extract, the carpet and upholstery will come out clean and soft, regardless of the machine

markm
10-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Have you looked at the new mytee lite 8070. Nice machine and not to expensive!

Mark

orofinobodyshop
10-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Thank you all. Will be talking with the owners. I will update you when we pull the trigger and our results.

MNDSMtuner96
10-04-2014, 09:41 PM
I just recently bought a Mytee hp60 and love it. Not too big, but not small by any means. I have a VX 5000 steamer to compliment it. Awesome combo imo. And then of course Folex and a scrub brush for the not so bad ones.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

MNDSMtuner96
10-04-2014, 09:45 PM
If you go with a Mytee, I also recommend buying the drying kit accessory. It moves a lot of air so you can either be drying the inside after extraction or use it to dry the car after washing. Awesome piece. I bought it from Autogeek here but didn't receive the Cufflynx which is what connects it to the machine. I called to notify them and Penny called right back and had one sent out to me. Talk about customer service!

orofinobodyshop
10-04-2014, 10:15 PM
If you go with a Mytee, I also recommend buying the drying kit accessory. It moves a lot of air so you can either be drying the inside after extraction or use it to dry the car after washing. Awesome piece. I bought it from Autogeek here but didn't receive the Cufflynx which is what connects it to the machine. I called to notify them and Penny called right back and had one sent out to me. Talk about customer service!

I forced air dry Ext.

orofinobodyshop
10-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Then with the wet\dry vac and some micro-fiber action, air dry, over night the interior.