PDA

View Full Version : help me find a soft wax

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
10-03-2014, 02:58 PM
I searched for soft wax here and got a page of results, mostly talking about hard vs soft, and a few reviews. I'm interested in bare hand waxing. Auto Finesse, Dodo Juice & Zymol all have a few soft paste waxs. Are there any others I should check out? I have a silver Saturn Sky, I'm leaning towards Dodo Orange Crush. Zymol Glasur looks really nice but it's out of my price range. I'd be fine with a small size to test it out. I know Dodo has 30ml pots. Budget's around $40 here. I plan on buying the Glasur when my money's not so tight. Need something to get my hands wet in the mean time though :D

Zubair
10-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Detailers Pro Max Wax
S100/P21S
Dodo Juice Rain Forest Rub

Above are soft waxes in the price range, albeit the Dodo will be the most expensive and nothing like Max Wax in finish, however dont know about using bare hands to apply them would be suited

allenk4
10-03-2014, 04:14 PM
What do you perceive the benefits are of waxing a silver Saturn Sky using your bare hands?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
10-03-2014, 04:25 PM
What do you perceive the benefits are of waxing a silver Saturn Sky using your bare hands?
No benefits, just want to try something different. It looks like it could be a nice change of pace.

rbss
10-03-2014, 04:51 PM
I applied Orange Crush to a Ford Gt by hand. Smells awesome and buffs of Fairly easy.

Niblick
10-03-2014, 05:10 PM
orange crush is a fantastic wax, definitely one of my all time favourites

FUNX650
10-03-2014, 06:09 PM
•I'm interested in bare hand waxing.

•Need something to get my hands wet...:D

•...just want to try something different.

•It looks like it could be a nice change of pace.
•Good for you! :dblthumb2:

•I can't wax with my bare hands anymore,
as my hands are too rough with scar tissue:
from all of the chemical burns. :(

Bob

hamlyn
10-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Consider going with a less expensive Zymol. They use mostly natural ingredients, so it won't be harsh on your hands. Having tried Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Swissvax, Migliore, I use Zymol and like it a lot.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
10-04-2014, 02:04 PM
•Good for you! :dblthumb2:

•I can't wax with my bare hands anymore,
as my hands are too rough with scar tissue:
from all of the chemical burns. :(

Bob

Hummmm, you bring up a good point about chemical and hands. I hadn't really pondered over this potential side effect of bare hand waxing. Even if you were being slightly facetious you got my brain thinking.

FUNX650
10-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Hummmm, you bring up a good point about chemical and hands. I hadn't really pondered over this potential side effect of bare hand waxing. Even if you were being slightly facetious you got my brain thinking.
Here's an old saying, that's still holds true:

"If it's on you...it's in you"!!

Bob