PDA

View Full Version : Chemical guy odor remover work on clothes?

sito
10-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Does chemical guy odor remover work on stinky synthetic underwear /top?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AG Online

SYMAWD
10-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Probably. I use quite a few detailing products on my clothes if there is a stubborn stain. For the most part, fabric is fabric and it should work.

cheapbutshiny
10-02-2014, 03:30 PM
I'm sure it would work...you probably just don't want to use the "stripper scent". =P

swanicyouth
10-02-2014, 03:54 PM
You could always try a washing machine, which would probably work a bit better.

conman1395
10-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah, that's what I do.

TurboScooter
10-03-2014, 01:37 AM

If by synthetic he means the polyester/spandex blends like Under Armor stuff, or even straight polyester, normal washing doesn't seem to get the stink out of them. It takes a while to build up (and I mean with washing, not wearing the same unwashed clothes for a month like a disgusting slob), but eventually that stuff seems to trap the stink in it. It'll smell clean when it comes out of the wash, but as soon as you wear it and start sweating it'll reek instantly again. They market athletic wear soaps that claim to deal with the problem, but in my experience it doesn't actually work. Febreze also markets a sportswear version of their product, but I've never tried it.

sito
10-03-2014, 08:20 AM
I just use odor remover temporarily while I am on camping trip. I will wash my clothes when I get home

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using AG Online

Kyle_Elantra
10-03-2014, 11:08 AM
The same things happens to towels (bath not microfiber :))

I've found that by using baking soda for the wash, then a cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle (you can rinse again with just water if you want) - the smell goes away for a couple of months.

You can try borax with the baking soda as well.

I believe that the vinegar is for "softening" the fabric, so that part may not be necessary with athletic clothing.