PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun, how much product v liquid?

Pages : [1] 2

alpha1
10-02-2014, 10:27 AM
If I put a small amount of product in my bottle, it seem that more water is released and the soap doesn't stick to the vehicle. It just seems to run off from the car.

Am I thinking, half product, half warm water? for this to stick to the vehicle? Also, do I give it a little bit of a shake first to mix all together?

When it's nearing the end of the bottle, it just pours straight off, when its not starting to be thick, do I completely stop and refil?

Thanks!

PA DETAILER
10-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Usually it's 1-2 oz of soap to the water. Sounds like your dulition ratio may be off on the gun. You have to adjust it to your liking. I use the next to last on my gilmore gun.

jmikolich
10-02-2014, 12:19 PM
I bought the knock off gilmour because I wanted to see if it was worth the difference, so my dial settings are different.

I use 1oz CG MaxiSuds II to 32oz water, I also fill 3/4 with warm water first, then add soap, then shake then gently top with water.

I don't think 50/50 is a good idea, unless you're trying to waste soap.. you didnt mention which soap you were using. I'm sure that could have some function in this.

I use dial setting 2, which is a full bottle per vehicle and I usually end up dousing the front end multiple times as I have some left over, and I wash the front bumper last.

af90
10-02-2014, 02:26 PM
1-2 oz of soap added to the water to fill it up. Foam guns aren't the best for clinging foam, foam cannons usually perform better in that area.

Which soap?

larry33
10-02-2014, 02:33 PM
fill bottle mostly full with water. Add 2oz of product. Shake to foam up. Set throughput to max. Spray. Best ur gonna get.

creaky
10-03-2014, 05:29 AM
It all depends on the dilution rates of the soap. On my Gilmour I use 2 oz CG Citrus to 32 oz water. For Optimum I need to go up to 4 oz. I've found the best setting for me is #2 on the gun. I also make sure to shake up the solution before getting started. You'll have to experiment but half soap is certainly not necessary.

PA DETAILER
10-03-2014, 05:48 AM
fill bottle mostly full with water. Add 2oz of product. Shake to foam up. Set throughput to max. Spray. Best ur gonna get.

:xyxthumbs: Forgot. Good tip. Fill the container up FIRST with water. Then add the soap. SHAKE.

HD.Detailing
10-03-2014, 06:21 AM
I don't add water to the tank, why are you guys adding water? The soap to water ratio is controlled by the dial.

Sent from my Alien ship

Blade
10-03-2014, 10:19 AM
I don't add water to the tank, why are you guys adding water? The soap to water ratio is controlled by the dial.
Incorrect. The "dial" controls the tank to hose ratio. That means if you've set it to 4 oz per gallon, that's the ratio hitting your paint at any given time. If your shampoo calls for 1 oz per gallon of dilution, you will need to put 1 part shampoo to 3 parts water in your tank.

fotomatt1
10-03-2014, 11:06 AM
This is for the Foamaster? I was unaware of that too and was putting the product straight into the tank.

HD.Detailing
10-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Incorrect. The "dial" controls the tank to hose ratio. That means if you've set it to 4 oz per gallon, that's the ratio hitting your paint at any given time. If your shampoo calls for 1 oz per gallon of dilution, you will need to put 1 part shampoo to 3 parts water in your tank.

I just put it on A (1oz/gallon).. no water needed and the directions do not state to add water

HD.Detailing
10-03-2014, 01:07 PM
This is for the Foamaster? I was unaware of that too and was putting the product straight into the tank.

the one I have dilutes it too

fotomatt1
10-03-2014, 03:25 PM
I just put it on A (1oz/gallon).. no water needed and the directions do not state to add water

I actually called chemical guys this afternoon after thinking about this question and they told me pretty emphatically that it needs to be diluted in the foam gun. They said 2 oz soap and top off with water. They said do not use it straight under any circumstances.

alpha1
10-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Using Karcher foam gun

http://www.aqua-spares.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/o/foam_bottle_06_litre_karcher_foam_bottle_spray_lan ce_2641847_7.jpg

I'm using bilt hamber foam liquid:

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/content/images/bilthamber-autofoam-424_600.jpg

I use the setting on max too, shall I be lowering this a bit?

Rsurfer
10-03-2014, 04:56 PM
the one I have dilutes it too

The Foamaster II dilutes the soap automatically. That is: A=1oz./gal., B=2 oz./gal., C=4oz./gal., D=6oz./gal., E=12oz./gal.
Quote "Turn dial to desired mixing rate letter to siphon chemical. This will automatically mix chemical with water at the factory pre-set dilution rate selected on dial." Un-quote.