PDA

View Full Version : Berlina Black NSX hood!!

venom2049
10-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Hey guys, my name is Nico and Im pretty new in the detailing world. I recently got a some products to use in my car like a Flex DA polisher, some Menzerna compounds and a wheel cleaner kit. Well in the past I used a PC DA with Zaino products in my car and it worked like a dream but now that Im using the Flex DA with Menzerna SF 4000 and cant get the same results ( this is a new hood and the paint is a few months old with minors scratches ) .

When I applied the SF and I do my normal 6 passes the SF creates a haze after Im done which I guess is expected, the problem comes when Im trying to wipe off the residuals of the SF. The haze left by the SF is so hard to wipe off that I ended up leaving new little scratches in the hood from the micro fiber towel, I really dont know what am I doing wrong. I put just a little product, used a new pad, new towel, speed 4, moderate pressure so I dont know what am I missing here to not run into this issue.

Its pretty much like Im trying to wipe off some sticky product from the hood so It demands some pressure from my part to remove and that causes the new scratches. I did two passes one with moderate pressure and another one with barely any and the results were the same. I dont know if you should let the SF sit there for a few minutes or not since there is no actual instructions in how to wipe it off after the passes.

Im adding some pictures so you guys can have an idea of what Im talking about. I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks, Nico.

jamesboyy
10-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Welcome to autogeek....also congratulations on moving onto the flex, as for your situation you are not breaking the product down fully, you have to work it longer therefore my suggestion is to prime your polishing pad by drawing a O then rub it in then place five small dots the add a spray of quick detailer or wax then proceed to polishing once you see the polish drying up add one or two sprays of quick detailer/wax to revive the sleeping product lastly if you have difficulty removing a product you can also add detail spray to help remove the product too

allenk4
10-01-2014, 09:52 PM
add a spray of quick detailer or wax then proceed to polishing once you see the polish drying up add one or two sprays of quick detailer/wax to revive the sleeping product...

This technique may be fine for compounding

Do not use it with SF4000

venom2049
10-01-2014, 10:24 PM

Why this technique wont work with SF4000? My idea was put some SF 4000 then finish it with WLFgng Sealant 3.0 since my hood is not in bad shape at all. I ve seen some videos where they spray some QD as lubrication for the towel. I guess I will work the product more but how do I know when the product is fully broke down???

EVOlved
10-01-2014, 11:18 PM
I would try running the polisher a little faster for the first few passes to help break it down more, then slow it down so it will jewel nicely.

And a side note did you run the towels thought the wash before using them?

venom2049
10-01-2014, 11:30 PM

I would try running the polisher a little faster for the first few passes to help break it down more, then slow it down so it will jewel nicely.

And a side note did you run the towels thought the wash before using them?

No I did not wash them.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-02-2014, 03:39 AM
Hi Nico, welcome to AGO! Sounds like you are using to much product.

Congrats on the 3401. Here is an article I wrote to maximize the performance of the 3401, Lake Country Hybrid pads, and Menzerna polishes.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/77155-my-technique-concerning-3401-menzerna-products-hybrid-pads.html

iron_worker
10-02-2014, 11:04 AM
What is the temperature where you are working? That can have an effect as well.

IW

venom2049
10-02-2014, 11:49 AM
What is the temperature where you are working? That can have an effect as well.

IW
70 degrees F, I'm gonna try to do it again with less product and more passes that seems to be the issue. Ill post some pictures later :-) .

parttimer
10-02-2014, 12:31 PM
I was going to say, 6 passes is a lot of passes if you are not breaking down the polish. I agree with Mike that you are running too much product. Too much product will take forever to break down and gum up the pad.

venom2049
10-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I was going to say, 6 passes is a lot of passes if you are not breaking down the polish. I agree with Mike that you are running too much product. Too much product will take forever to break down and gum up the pad.

After reading Mike's thread -- > Mike@DedicatedPerfection (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/mike-dedicatedperfection.html) on how to use the Flex and Mzrn SF 4000, Im gonna use less product and more passes and see how it comes out.