PDA

View Full Version : Few Detailing Questions

11Silverado
10-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Hey guys,

Next week I am on fall break so I wanted to spend a little time working on the truck before winter. It has chrome rims so I plan on removing then and giving them a thorough cleaning. Is it all right to apply Wolfgang Fuzion wax after claying versus a dedicated wheel wax(which I don't have)? Also at the end of August I clayed the truck, applied Wolfgang Sealant, and then applied Wolfgang Fuzion. Would it be all right to apply another laying of Fuzion after I wash for an extra layer of protection as I don't really have more time due to school? Lastly, the screen on the radio and temperature controls has some light swirls in it. How would I go about removing those?

Sorry for the somewhat lengthy post. Thank you!

rbss
10-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Hey guys,

Next week I am on fall break so I wanted to spend a little time working on the truck before winter. It has chrome rims so I plan on removing then and giving them a thorough cleaning. Is it all right to apply Wolfgang Fuzion wax after claying versus a dedicated wheel wax(which I don't have)? Also at the end of August I clayed the truck, applied Wolfgang Sealant, and then applied Wolfgang Fuzion. Would it be all right to apply another laying of Fuzion after I wash for an extra layer of protection as I don't really have more time due to school? Lastly, the screen on the radio and temperature controls has some light swirls in it. How would I go about removing those?

I don't see why you can't use fuzion on the wheels. If you clayed in August I would just apply the fuzion. You could always do the baggy test to make sure if the paint needs to be clayed. Far as the radio screen I'm not sure they have a protective coating on them I would not want to abrade he surface but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

af90
10-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Hey guys,

For wheels personally I'll use a sealant since they can usually handle more, something like Menzerna Power Lock or Sonax Net Shield, even Chemical Guys V07 applied bi-weekly or so.

Sure you can throw on another layer, you don't need to strip off that previous layer. If you have the time it doesn't hurt to clay the surface and re-apply but you can add on another layer.

For swirls on the radio face you can look up a light polish like PlastX, just ensure it's not coated like a touchscreen and such.

wdmaccord
10-01-2014, 07:12 PM
My 2 recommendations:

1) Use the WG sealant on the rims then a coat of fuzion if you want. The sealant will last longer than the wax by itself.

2) Pick up some Collinite 845 locally for less than $20 and use that on your wheels.

miad
10-01-2014, 07:20 PM
I have done many radio screens. M105 and then polish works well on most, but be careful at first and never touch a touchscreen with anything.

11Silverado
10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
wdmaccord, are you suggesting one or the other? If I choose to use sealant then wax, I'm not sure I'll have the full 12 hours to let it cure. Would it be smart to use sealant and let it cure for as long as I can and then apply the Fuzion? I also have chrome polish I was planning on using before coating with any sealant or wax.