PDA

View Full Version : Overspray .....

Deranged_9n3
10-01-2014, 04:15 AM
Howzit guys and girls ??

I am working on a black car that had a can of paint explode next to it, more than a year ago. Owner put it in storage and now he wants to get the car sorted again.

I already cleaned the car up, and started claying. I am using an automagic medium grade claybar but it isn't causing much harm. The car is covered, almost 3/4s ...... I have tried softening the paint with AutoFinesse Tar Remover and then claying it, no luck either.

Is there any tips or advice anyone on here can give me on how to remove this spray, overspray or whatever?

Regards
Etienne

lawrenceSA
10-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Hey bud, as mentioned on whatsapp, if the medium grade clay is making a difference, albeit a slow one, you could look at stepping up to an aggressive clay.

You will get a lot of marring, but that should be easily polished out.

I am not sure what else you could try but I am sure someone else may have experienced something similar and can chime in with their recommendations.

Goodluck!

Mike Phillips
10-01-2014, 06:48 AM
Two Suggestions....

Nanoskin towels or pads for a Flex 3401. The forced rotation and oscillation of the Flex 3401 makes is an overspray removing BEAST. Get the Medium Grade pad and plan on polishing the paint afterwards.

Removing Overspray Paint using Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/66219-removing-overspray-paint-using-nanoskin-autoscrub-pads.html)

Stoner's Xenit Citrus Solvent - This product is safe for clearcoats and I've had good luck using it to remove DOT or Department of Transportation Highway Paint here in the U.S. and this is a very tough type of paint.

The key is you DON'T just wipe it on you have to somehow keep this citrus solvent against the panel so it can DWELL and thus go to work. I used a microfiber towel dampened with this product and using my hand held it against vertical panels for a few minutes and then wiped the spray off.

:)