PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't anyone else think of that?

JLD630
09-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Well, I don't post often but I read a lot. And I just can't figure out why this is not a hot topic here. All that sanding and polishing.... And it could be done like this!
I'll be sure to rush right out and try it on my own vehicle... ;) (As an aside, what does this stuff do to our *skin*???)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153179993930353&id=340157915352

miad
09-30-2014, 09:01 AM
this video is a hot topic right now. its already been discussed on here. first, those Malibu headlights are some of the easiest to correct. I have done many of them and always get great results, so I don't think this is a good example vehicle. second, this person is using something to essentially "cover up" the haze, not fix it. it wont last 10 minutes. far as the skin thing, that's already been discussed in the first post. everybody has their own opinion on the chemicals in it. for me, no thanks Jeff.

HD.Detailing
09-30-2014, 09:04 AM
been discussed before...

JLD630
09-30-2014, 12:17 PM
N/m. I was kidding. Must have missed the previous thread. Won't do that again! Yikes.

Tato
09-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Thanks for sharing, I've missed this.

In my opinion, this doesn't sound right and the effect may not be permanent (if lasts more than few washes).

However, what 'kills me' to watch is the guy supporting his hand over the hood that way... you restore a lamp and damage a hood haha

Thanks for sharing, it's always good to know what people are seeing, because when they come after you they will ask for miraculous solutions like this, instead of paying for an extensive and proper headlamp restoration. I pass.

Kind Regards.