PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars D301 - How long does it last?

The Critic
09-29-2014, 07:55 PM
I found a new bottle of D301 on my shelf.

What kind of durability are you folks seeing with this product?

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2014, 08:01 PM
You mean shelf life, or durability on the vehicle?

Shelf life should be longer than they have been making it, so it should be fine, I don't remember the durability being too great.

The Critic
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
You mean shelf life, or durability on the vehicle?

Shelf life should be longer than they have been making it, so it should be fine, I don't remember the durability being too great.
I updated the post for clarification, but durability.

Setec Astronomy
09-29-2014, 08:53 PM
I love the stuff, but I always wind up putting something else on top if it before too long. The one time I didn't I don't remember it lasting for more than maybe a month.

Like I said, I love it but I don't use it that much because like most people here I have too many products and not enough time or cars.

dad07
09-29-2014, 08:59 PM
I found a new bottle of D301 on my shelf.

What kind of durability are you folks seeing with this product?

3 weeks tops....maybe 4( depending on conditions).......great for haze clean up with the MF system but I always top with something that last longer.

The Critic
12-22-2014, 08:23 PM
I finally had a chance to give this stuff a try. Very very easy wipe off and overall usability. Just enough cut with the mf disk to remove clay marring and some very light swirls and haze.

Unfortunately the mf disk was still a bit too aggressive foe the finish that I was working on, and left a little bit of micromarring. But for most applications, this would be a killer quick AIO for cleaning up clay marring.

pikiki
12-22-2014, 08:59 PM
I used it as a AIO with a Meg`s finishing MF pad on new or good care cars and works really good and safe a lot of time!!!!
Not something I use often but due to my body shop duties here sometimes a quick job is need it so D301 works for me on some cases.
Durability with a good prep before applying maybe 4 weeks depend on use and condition.

dlc95
12-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Jason Rose commented that it will be close to #26 in the longevity department.