PDA

View Full Version : Window Cleaning Question

Pages : [1] 2

11Silverado
09-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Hello,

I hope I am in the right section. I recently purchased a waffle weave glass towel and Stoner invisible glass cleaner. I cleaned the windows and they looked great until the sun hit them. The streaks weren't terrible, but they annoy me. Also the rear window seems to have some sort of film on it and I'm not sure what it is or how to get rid of it. Any tips on getting streak free windows and maybe something to get rid of the film?

Thank you.

whavens
09-29-2014, 06:17 PM
I use a MF towel I don't plan on using on paint, soak it with Stoner's and then use the waffle weave to wipe the glass with. Seems to leave fewer streaks than wetting the waffle weave.

DaveT435
09-29-2014, 06:27 PM
I use the little green microfiber glass towels. Pretty much zero nap

Eandras
09-29-2014, 06:28 PM
I would also suggest that you don't have just one towel for removing the window cleaner. I use at least 5 drying microfiber towels once I do the initial box wipe of the window cleaner solution.

Ed

allenk4
09-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Are the streaks on the inside of outside of the glass?

HD.Detailing
09-29-2014, 06:56 PM
squeegee

expdetailing
09-29-2014, 09:02 PM
If someone would invent a dedicated interior glass polishing machine with dedicated glass pads and solution, I would buy it in a heart beat.

allenk4
09-29-2014, 09:04 PM
If someone would invent a dedicated interior glass polishing machine with dedicated glass pads and solution, I would buy it in a heart beat.

In what instance would you need to polish interior glass?

expdetailing
09-29-2014, 09:16 PM
In what instance would you need to polish interior glass?

Anytime I needed to clean the glass. I would rather use machine grease than elbow grease. I bet it would work, in fact, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I watched a "pro" rub klasse aio on the inside of a windshield and on every other surface that was flat on the interior. So, I tried it and I was less than impressed. I'm going to try DP Glass Restorer.

11Silverado
09-29-2014, 09:21 PM
The streaks are one the outside. I think buying another towel should solve the streaks for the most part, but the film on the back glass is what confuses me. None of the other windows have this film look to them and I only see it when the sun is shining through it.

expdetailing
09-29-2014, 09:31 PM
If it's on the outside, it may be road film. Try glass cleaner and a razor blade, or some 0000 steel wool. Often, I have to repolish glass by machine after using a dedicated, mild glass cleaner/polish to get desired results. Often, glass spray and a towel will not cut through the crap that's there but difficult to see.

allenk4
09-29-2014, 09:46 PM
Since it is on the outside, I would try coating the windshield 1st

If that does not work, I would use a medium cut polish by machine or by hand if you don't have a DA

af90
09-29-2014, 09:54 PM
Since it is on the outside, I would try coating the windshield 1st

If that does not work, I would use a medium cut polish by machine or by hand if you don't have a DA

I think you mean claying right?

allenk4
09-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Yes, clay 1st

Thanks for the catch

11Silverado
09-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Thans guys! I do not own a DA polisher yet, but have been thinking about getting one maybe for Christmas. I'll have to try using a razor blade and polish then. Hopefully that takes care of it.