PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars UP or Klasse All-In-One?

AustrianOak82
09-29-2014, 10:16 AM
I have a full bottle of Meguiars UP at home that works well. I was going to purchase a bottle of the Klasse High-Gloss Sealant Glaze but I also saw there is a Sealant/Polish combination. My question is this:

Should I pick up the sealant only since I have the bottle of UP or should I just grab a bottle of the all-in-one and switch over to that going forward?

I am asking because I know the Klasse lasts a while (supply wise) but I am also looking for something long lasting so I wasnt sure if the combo or seperate products would work better. Thanks!

Garyhw48
09-29-2014, 11:09 AM
Klasse AIO is non abrasive so it really doesn't remove fine scratches. I have always assumed that it just fills in some of the defects while chemically removing oxidation giving a excellent shine.

I use it on my white truck which is very forgiving as far as fine scratches are concerned. You really have to look close to see defects compared to darker colors. I use both Klasse products on my white truck and get good results.

I really think you would get a finer finish using the Ultimate Polish first and then applying the Klasse SG for protection and shine.

I use these products but am not an expert on how they work chemically but using a fine abrasive polish first would be best in my opinion.

miad
09-29-2014, 11:36 AM
yeah I would lean more towards the UP and then the Sealant. what part of Indiana are you from?

Don M
09-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Klasse AIO is non abrasive so it really doesn't remove fine scratches. I have always assumed that it just fills in some of the defects while chemically removing oxidation giving a excellent shine.

I use it on my white truck which is very forgiving as far as fine scratches are concerned. You really have to look close to see defects compared to darker colors. I use both Klasse products on my white truck and get good results.

I really think you would get a finer finish using the Ultimate Polish first and then applying the Klasse SG for protection and shine.

I use these products but am not an expert on how they work chemically but using a fine abrasive polish first would be best in my opinion.

What he said ... I use the Klasse twins on my SS red Suzuki also with good results. So far the combination of KSG and Megs UQW is impressive.

AustrianOak82
09-29-2014, 12:08 PM
yeah I would lean more towards the UP and then the Sealant. what part of Indiana are you from?

Pittsboro, west side of Indy.

Desertnate
09-29-2014, 03:40 PM
I would say both.

The UP will do the correction work you want to accomplish. KAIO is a non-abrasive pain cleaner as has already been mentioned. It's also a good base for the Klasse SG to bond.

Whenever I use Klasse SG, I alway make sure I use AIO after polishing or claying to ensure there is a clean surface for the SG.

miad
09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Pittsboro, west side of Indy.
Cool, I'm in Anderson so not far at all.

The Guz
09-29-2014, 09:14 PM
I would say both.

The UP will do the correction work you want to accomplish. KAIO is a non-abrasive pain cleaner as has already been mentioned. It's also a good base for the Klasse SG to bond.

Whenever I use Klasse SG, I alway make sure I use AIO after polishing or claying to ensure there is a clean surface for the SG.

This is exactly how you should apply it. I did the same other than using M205 instead of UP. I maitained with sonus acrylics spritz and acrylic glanz. That got me 7 months easily when using KSG. I actually could have gone longer.

FUNX650
09-29-2014, 10:23 PM
Correct the paint, to your satisfaction, with your choice of polish; if it's done with UP: so be it.

•Then for the LSP:
-Klasse AIO and Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
("The Klasse Twins") are formulated to work together:
K-AIO as the base; K-HGSG as the LSP.

Bob