PDA

View Full Version : Steps question

808_detail_nut
09-28-2014, 11:59 PM
I usually never apply a glaze then a sealant but I was wondering something. I have a black corvette later this week and the owner wants just a single stage polish and protect. My plan is wash, decon, polish with 205, klasse aio and S/G, then aquawax. I was thinking of putting some black hole on it but should I go after aio or after the aquawax? I haven't used glazes in a while. Should I stay with the original plan or throw in the BH some where.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

davey g-force
09-29-2014, 01:03 AM
It would go after the AIO, but I think you've got too many steps in there.

You would use either the M205 or the Klasse AIO, not both. I mean, you can if you want, but it's not necessary IMO (especially for what's meant to be a single stage polish & protect). :)

BobbyG
09-29-2014, 05:50 AM
You'll find the Corvette clear quite hard however Meguiar's M205 is a great choice for removing oxidation and minor surface defects.

Klasse All-In-One is a great product but it's a chemical cleaner and won't remove finish defects.

Wash
Clay
Meguiar's M205
Chemicals Guys Black Hole
Klasse High Gloss Sealant

808_detail_nut
09-29-2014, 07:05 PM
thanks bobby, I do know that the paint is very hard but the owner doesn't want to spend over 200 bucks and he drives it regularly. He also doesnt want a show car shine but a good cleaning and a single stage polish to remove most of the swirls from washing. Was thinking about going out to by the Megs MF system from my auto detail supply shop here in Maui but there prices are very high. I think they charge about 40 bucks for the 6 inch cutting and finishing pad 2 pack each. I do have PB pro polish (the regular one not 2) and SSR1 and 2. I told him I would really like to use 105 or hyper compound on it if it is really bad but he said he doesnt want to go too deep on it. Your step list is actually what I was leaning towards because there is no reason to use AIO if im gonna polish it with 205 right. thanks for the reply and ill take some pictures to show how it turned out. Sorry but the Black hole is the Poorboys one, I think Chemical guys is black light.

shadowman
09-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Which polishings pads and machine are you gone use?

Here is link to article written by Kevin Brown.

http://www.buffdaddy.com/files/1519584/uploaded/Removing%20Paint%20Defects%20via%20Meguiar%27s%20M 205%20Professional%20Ultra%20Finishing%20Polish... pdf

Good luck on the project!!

allenk4
09-29-2014, 08:42 PM
4 layers on a one-stage correction sounds like a lot

I like Bobby's suggestion

TuxedoTaurus
09-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Chemicals Guys Black Hole

:confused:

Do you mean Chemical Guys Blacklight or Poor Boys Black Hole?

808_detail_nut
09-29-2014, 10:32 PM
I'll probably just get the megs MF finish pads and use 205 with that on my flex 3401. Then apply the Black hole with my cyclo and the blue pads. That's pretty much what I'm looking at doing.