PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for my brothers car

Prophizee
09-28-2014, 10:03 PM
My brother bought a pretty high end car this weekend and wanted me to detail it for him before he started driving it. Well today I got it under the lights and there are a bunch of swirls and scratches on the paint from the dealer. I advised him that this may not be the best time to do a full correction on the paint since the car will be stored for the entire winter. So instead of waiting a week for me to do a full detail wait till the winter hits and I can do a everything before next spring. He agreed so what I did was a rinse less wash clayed and applied a coat of pinnacle SSII. Now I'm not sure if this was the smartest move or should I have just done the full job. Also would you apply collinite for now or will that be a ##### to strip even thought I plan on re claying. Any advise will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance ladies & gentlemen.

Forza Felipe

EVOlved
09-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Your plan seems fine he has a sacrificial layer that will last the month or two til it is stowed away for you to bring up to our lovely AG standard and you won't be rushed to deliver perfection!! Just finish it off with a nice coating when your done to preserve his new baby and make sure he supplies lots of drink etc..

And of course don't forget to supply us with drool worthy pics..

Prophizee
09-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Your plan seems fine he has a sacrificial layer that will last the month or two til it is stowed away for you to bring up to our lovely AG standard and you won't be rushed to deliver perfection!! Just finish it off with a nice coating when your done to preserve his new baby and make sure he supplies lots of drink etc..

And of course don't forget to supply us with drool worthy pics..

Oh don't worry Def will be drool worthy pics lol. Any advice on using the 476 or would that be overkill for right now.

Forza Felipe

EVOlved
09-29-2014, 01:24 AM
When is he putting it up?

hernandez.art13
09-29-2014, 01:53 AM
I think 476s will be a good choice, just wash the car, clay it and seal it with 476s and remember a little goes a long way.

Also, try to avoid the trim when using it.

So what high end car is it? :)

"And of course don't forget to supply us with drool worthy pics.."
:iagree:

Prophizee
09-29-2014, 05:55 AM
I think 476s will be a good choice, just wash the car, clay it and seal it with 476s and remember a little goes a long way.

Also, try to avoid the trim when using it.

So what high end car is it? :)

"And of course don't forget to supply us with drool worthy pics.."
:iagree:
It's a Stingray Z51 3lt in black with red, it's absolutely stunning. I've used 476 many times and your 100% right thin thin thin. But I just started using it this past June on all the vehicles I detail. I've just never really stripped 476 I wasn't sure a mild clay would do the the trick lol since it's armor is so strong.

Forza Felipe

Prophizee
09-29-2014, 06:02 AM
When is he putting it up?
I am assuming last time he will drive will be Thanksgivings weekend.

Forza Felipe

EVOlved
09-29-2014, 08:26 AM
It's a Stingray Z51 3lt in black with red, it's absolutely stunning. I've used 476 many times and your 100% right thin thin thin. But I just started using it this past June on all the vehicles I detail. I've just never really stripped 476 I wasn't sure a mild clay would do the the trick lol since it's armor is so strong.

Forza Felipe

Aren't you going to be polishing it anyway? That will definitely remove whatever layer is there.

I am assuming last time he will drive will be Thanksgivings weekend.

Forza Felipe

Really it's up to you guys. You could go any which way:
Ride out the SSII and see if it will last
Add another layer of SSII in a month
Put on 915

In the end I'm sure all will work out fine since you will be cleaning her up soon enough.

Prophizee
09-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Aren't you going to be polishing it anyway? That will definitely remove whatever layer is there.

Really it's up to you guys. You could go any which way:
Ride out the SSII and see if it will last
Add another layer of SSII in a month
Put on 915

In the end I'm sure all will work out fine since you will be cleaning her up soon enough.
Yeah i am as soon as he parks it for the winter. So i what i will do is put a second coat of SSII tonight and then just do some maintenance washes between now and November, I use some aqua wax just to make sure the wax protection lasts till then. Once November hits I will do a full correction, Clay iron x etc etc. I tell him to a put towel on the seats so no dye bleeds from jeans onto the seats.