PDA

View Full Version : Is ONR Wash & Wax safe & effective for cars with lots of matte-black-plastic trim?

PCar
09-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Hi, I've been using ONR Wash/Wax and I absolutely love it. Kind of a dream product for an anal car enthusiast like me who also likes the "lazy" one-step process to shave as much time as possible (an ONR wash still takes me over an hour, sometimes two, to give an idea).

After reading about the owner explaining it when it came out, how he basically promised that if you used it as a regular wash, the car would be constantly protected and not need regular separate waxes otherwise (I'm assuming that he assumed that cars with sealants under it would fare even better), I had high hopes. On my current car, which is Jet Black, I couldn't be happier.

My next car will be white, which means that I have a lot less inherent paint worries, so ONR should be even more perfect for me.

However, my next car will have a bit more black matte plastic trim (namely on the mirror bases, the bumper intakes, some bumper surrounds, and little other random areas). On the very rare matte plastic trim on my current car, the ONR Wash/Wax doesn't seem to leave any streaks or "harm" it, but am wondering what you guys recommend on a car with more front-and-center matte plastic bits? And what kind of effect will the ONR "Wax" part of the Wash/Wax leave on the plastic trim after time, i.e will it "shine" it (which would be fine by me), or eventually harm its finish, etc.

Thanks for any replies.

TurboToys
09-27-2014, 10:20 PM
i will say this, i've had the regular ONR, and i blew through it using it as a regular was, it was great stuff.

now i have a gallon of ONR wash and wax, and its great as well. it has never left any of the trim areas of my cars with discoloration whatsoever, i don't believe it contains a high enough wax content to leave staining, at least it has never done so for mine.

my person opinion though is regular ONR was better, the wash and wax seems to be tougher when it comes to drying, feels like it doesnt wipe and evaporate nearly as quick. leading me to want to just use a regular rinseless wash and add protection after in the form of a spray sealant or wax.

PCar
09-27-2014, 11:11 PM
i will say this, i've had the regular ONR, and i blew through it using it as a regular was, it was great stuff.

now i have a gallon of ONR wash and wax, and its great as well. it has never left any of the trim areas of my cars with discoloration whatsoever, i don't believe it contains a high enough wax content to leave staining, at least it has never done so for mine.

my person opinion though is regular ONR was better, the wash and wax seems to be tougher when it comes to drying, feels like it doesnt wipe and evaporate nearly as quick. leading me to want to just use a regular rinseless wash and add protection after in the form of a spray sealant or wax.

Thanks. Yeah, I can imagine that. The ONR W/W could be a little more difficult to dry due to buffing the wax residue. It seems as if the wax isn't dyed enough to make it stain anything as well?

I'd love if it helped shine up the black plastic bits, but although I believe a liquid type wax might do it initially (i.e right after washing), it eventually won't. I mainly just wanna be sure that it wouldn't degrade the plastic bits, which I'd think is hopefully not likely at all.