PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Question

Ryan509
09-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Gidday all, quick question

I have been talking to a guy who has been detailing for 12 years now. We got on the topic of microfiber and he mentioned that microfiber is colour coded. Yellow for compound & finish polish. Green for sealant/wax & Blue for windows. With that being said i have seen many people use any colour as long as it is plush. He also said that the quality of the microfiber is based on if you can see daylight through it or not? I understand there are many ways of going off the quality. i just want to make sure that i'm being taught the correct ways.

Also i'm looking for quality microfiber that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks,

Ryan

aztec1987
09-27-2014, 10:38 AM
I just use them for general purpose such as drying, removing wax, and glazes. To be honest I just use the waffle microfiber towel to dry up the car thats about it. I really don't care about the color.

Setec Astronomy
09-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Maybe he was saying that HE color codes them. Many bulk towels (there are high quality towels that you can buy in bulk) come in multiple colors. One reason for this is that you can segregate your towels by color as that person suggests for different tasks.

It's not that particular colors are suited to different tasks. As far as seeing light through them, that's kind of an over-simplified test to a pretty complex subject...but then we tend to over-complicate things sometimes.

Ryan509
09-27-2014, 01:28 PM
thanks lads. Any recommendations on a good brand?

conman1395
09-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Maybe he was saying that HE color codes them. Many bulk towels (there are high quality towels that you can buy in bulk) come in multiple colors. One reason for this is that you can segregate your towels by color as that person suggests for different tasks.

It's not that particular colors are suited to different tasks. As far as seeing light through them, that's kind of an over-simplified test to a pretty complex subject...but then we tend to over-complicate things sometimes.
This is probably what he does.

Ryan509
09-27-2014, 02:18 PM
I do over-complicate stuff indeed. Which is why i'm here asking