PDA

View Full Version : Super Plush vs. Shine & Buff MF towels

Sherif
09-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Which one is better with waterless wash and quick detailer? need opinions from people who have used both.

Super Plush Junior (600GSM Purple towel) (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-deluxe-jr--microfiber-towel.html)
vs.
Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel (Blue/Gray 700GSM I guess) (http://www.autogeek.net/best-waterless-wash-towel.html)

I already have the purple super plush and like it but need to know if the buff & shine towel is any better... TIA
Feed back please

Sherif
09-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Anyone used both towels??

mg6045
09-27-2014, 09:52 AM
I have used both. The purple towel is better. it works better at wiping up liquids, is more versatile (has two different naps) , and is less prone to linting (the shine and buff towels lint A LOT!!!, especially is using to buff a liquid product dry).

The only place I might see the Shine & Buff towel to be better would be for a rinseless wash media. Because both sides have a long nap.

LaFawnduh
09-27-2014, 10:58 AM
I have both and use both - the buff and shine for first cleaning wipe, the plush to buff. As previous poster said, it has long nap on both sides which allows for more cleaning sides. And having the shine n buff also allows it to double on rinseless washes.

Sherif
09-27-2014, 11:17 AM
I have used both. The purple towel is better. it works better at wiping up liquids, is more versatile (has two different naps) , and is less prone to linting (the shine and buff towels lint A LOT!!!, especially is using to buff a liquid product dry).

The only place I might see the Shine & Buff towel to be better would be for a rinseless wash media. Because both sides have a long nap.

I have both and use both - the buff and shine for first cleaning wipe, the plush to buff. As previous poster said, it has long nap on both sides which allows for more cleaning sides. And having the shine n buff also allows it to double on rinseless washes.

Thanks guys, I already have other towels for Rinseless wash only.. just wanted more towels for waterless/qd so I'll just get more of the purple super plush.

AKT
07-12-2017, 11:33 AM
I bought this Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel and I am planning to use it for rinseless wash.
- Grey side = initial "wet" wipe
- Blue side = final "damp" wipe

Then another plush MF towel to spread the spray wax plus drying the panel.

Anyone else tried this method?

idriveblackcars
07-12-2017, 11:59 AM
I bought this Shine & Buff Waterless Wash Towel and I am planning to use it for rinseless wash.
- Grey side = initial "wet" wipe
- Blue side = final "damp" wipe

Then another plush MF towel to spread the spray wax plus drying the panel.

Anyone else tried this method?

I pretty much use this same method with about 20 shine and buff towels. I also own both towels and love the shine and buff for rinseless work. I also use a bunch of eagle edgeless towels for drying and other parts of the car.