PDA

View Full Version : WDGPS3.0 on Detailer

Pages : [1] 2

IzzyMan12078
09-26-2014, 07:17 PM
I searched but could not find :)

I am detailing my car for the first time with a DA and claying etc. It is my DD, so normally a good wash, BlackFire Crystal Seal and Meguiars Ultimate was good enough for me since a few commutes, and it looked terrible anyways necessitating a weekly wash and quick spray with Megs UQLW. It is a 2014 so the paint is in good shape other than being Ford paint.

I am prepping the car for winter now.

I started with a good wash with CG Citrus, and then clayed the entire car with Griots clay and Speed Shine. Next I used Meg M205 on the DA, White Pad since there aren't any major swirls or defects. A good wipe down with some soft micro fiber, and the car looks fantastic. I wanted to seal with WDGPS3.0, but have run out of time today. It is colder here now so dew falls on the vehicles almost immediately after dusk.

Tomorrow, I will get up early so I have the twelve hours for the sealant to cure....before dusk.

Question is, since I will no doubt have dust on the car by morning (No Garage), is it OK to wipe / Quick Detail the car with CG V07 sealant/detailer or ONR mixed as a detailer, prior to the sealant? If not, what do you recommend. I do not want to wash / dry the car at 6AM.

The following day, I plan to wipe down with V07, and then LSP Meq UPW.

Thanks

EVOlved
09-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Do you have Meg's quick detailer??

If not I would just wash it with the CG soap again, because everything else you mentioned will leave something behind and the sealant won't bond optimally. If it is citrus wash and gloss go light on the dilution because it does leave a little behind as well.

Dr Oldz
09-26-2014, 09:38 PM
ONR will work fine.

IzzyMan12078
09-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Do you have Meg's quick detailer??

If not I would just wash it with the CG soap again, because everything else you mentioned will leave something behind and the sealant won't bond optimally. If it is citrus wash and gloss go light on the dilution because it does leave a little behind as well.

I do, and completely forgot about it. I will use the Megs Quick Detailer. Thanks

IzzyMan12078
09-26-2014, 09:59 PM
ONR will work fine.

Thanks, I did forget I had a bottle of the QD, so to be safe..I'll use that.

Dr Oldz
09-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Think your better with ONR. Megs QD definitely leaves something behind. Not sure what but it makes paint bead differently after its applied.

IzzyMan12078
09-27-2014, 08:15 AM
As it turns out, no detailer needed. The car was so we with dew and it was a foggy morning so I figured since I'd have to dry things, I might as well wash it again. Thanks just the same.

IzzyMan12078
09-27-2014, 09:33 AM
..... we with dew .....

WET with dew

I think I found my new favorite sealer - WDGPS went on nice, came off easy and looks fantastic.

Dr Oldz
09-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Do the Dew!! :)

IzzyMan12078
09-27-2014, 08:34 PM
The following day, I plan to wipe down with V07, and then LSP Meq UPW. ....

Thanks

The car looks fantastic and the surface now is so smooth, better than anything I've felt before.

I currently have one layer of WDGPS. As I mentioned in my post, I had planned to top this with CG V07, and then Meg UPW. After doing some more reading, I am not sure what I should do.

I read that Meg s UPW or ULW are really sealants, and the solvent in them could mess with the WDGPS?? The more I read about the CG V07, the more I realize its a sealant. I knew the marketing said it was, but it seemed more like a QD to me.

Any advice? Will the Meg Ultimate products be OK on top of the Wolfgang? I'll skip the V07 for now. I don't really own any pure caranuba waxes. I was hoping this could be my only and last detail with a strip/sealant before winter.

swanicyouth
09-27-2014, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't use any of those products on the WG DGPS. I would just ad another coat of WG and be done with it. All those products are basically sealants - and layering different sealants on top of each other really has no benefit.

Using V7 is fine, as its really just a glorified QD with some gloss enhancers. But, these days I tend not to use it because the stuff kills beading and hydrophobic water behavior or your LSP. It's not a bad product to use in the summer, but there are other spray waxes that will improve beading.

IMHO the more hydrophobic the surface remains, the easier it is to clean and it will generally stay cleaner longer.

spiralout462
09-27-2014, 10:19 PM
The car looks fantastic and the surface now is so smooth, better than anything I've felt before.

I currently have one layer of WDGPS. As I mentioned in my post, I had planned to top this with CG V07, and then Meg UPW. After doing some more reading, I am not sure what I should do.

I read that Meg s UPW or ULW are really sealants, and the solvent in them could mess with the WDGPS?? The more I read about the CG V07, the more I realize its a sealant. I knew the marketing said it was, but it seemed more like a QD to me.

Any advice? Will the Meg Ultimate products be OK on top of the Wolfgang? I'll skip the V07 for now. I don't really own any pure caranuba waxes. I was hoping this could be my only and last detail with a strip/sealant before winter.

You will see the most benefit out of another coat of WDGPS. At least until you get a nice carnauba.

Blade
09-27-2014, 10:47 PM
No experience with the Meg products you mentioned, but in the 6 years I've been using WDGPS, I've topped it with another coat of WDGPS, Souveran paste, Fuzion or OCW. Can't complain!

IzzyMan12078
09-28-2014, 12:34 PM
I put a second layer of Wolfgang on. Thanks.

Mjgillen
09-02-2016, 01:39 PM
You will see the most benefit out of another coat of WDGPS

How long to wait between coats? I just put my first coat on, will wait an hour to buff off. However the bottle does not say how long to wait between coats.

Thanks,
Michael