PDA

View Full Version : Another Questions about Cquatz

YanksAutoDetail
09-26-2014, 08:22 AM
New to the forum but been detailing for long time now and have a side business doing this. I have been using mostly only Adams products and love it. But wanting to expand and start adding Cquartz since I have seen nothing but great results with it and longevity. So I am going to be testing this on my Escalade. But have a question. I am assuming that with sued Micro towls for application once you use both sides basically that towl is done. You have to through it away and can't wash it correct?? But I have 15x15 sued micro to wipe off. But would I be able to reuse those? Sorry might be stupid question but just want to make sure. Thanks in advance

Brent

octane
09-26-2014, 08:59 AM
You can reuse the wiping towel, just to be safe, I would put it in a bucket with apc right after use.

YanksAutoDetail
09-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Ok, I figured I could and will be doing that. Just wasn't excatly sure about application pads.

TroyScherer
09-26-2014, 09:02 AM
I don't reuse any of the towels. (applying or wipe off) Because CQ is a silica product when it cures it becomes hard & crystalized. So I just toss the towels. To me the cost of the towels should be included in the pricing for the application and product. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Edit:

Directly from CarPro:

Do not re-use 4" Suede applicators after 1 vehicle as they will crystalize and could scratch paint if re-used
Do not re-use the towels you used to buff off with unless you immediately toss them in a bucket of APC after use to avoid glass crystals forming on them

HUMP DIESEL
09-26-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't reuse any of the towels. (applying or wipe off) Because CQ is a silica product when it cures it becomes hard & crystalized. So I just toss the towels. To me the cost of the towels should be included in the pricing for the application and product. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Edit:

Directly from CarPro:

Do not re-use 4" Suede applicators after 1 vehicle as they will crystalize and could scratch paint if re-used
Do not re-use the towels you used to buff off with unless you immediately toss them in a bucket of APC after use to avoid glass crystals forming on them

:iagree::dblthumb2: What he said!

I throw the wipe off towels away as well. Just for a test, take one and leave it out...See how hard it gets.

HUMP

YanksAutoDetail
09-26-2014, 10:26 AM
Thanks guys. I kinda figured but wanted to know from what other users did. Thanks again!

David Hayward
09-27-2014, 12:51 AM
I also throw them all out.