PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Mexico

Rey David
09-25-2014, 03:53 PM
Hi there.

I just got my account approved and I signed up because there are a LOT or resources for the enthusiasts in detailing.

I have a little kit (and growing) of Meguiars and Mothers products to start adequate enthusiast detailing jobs in my car and leaving forever a lot of crappy products sold here.

I am very satisfied user with the results of certain products of Megs and Mothers since 2 years ago; I would love to test some products of Menzerna, Detailers Pride, Optimum etc.

Which ones do you guys recommend as a must in a very first enthusiast kit?

What I use now:

I used to use Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo with really good results. Now I use Ultimate Wash and Wax and the results in shine depht, better suds and the same
lubricity comparing UW&W and GC IMO.
Simoniz bone sponge with microfiber fingers wash mitt using 2 bucket method.
Megs Water Magnet and I have a lot of Viking Microfibers for other uses.
Ultimate Compound to correct some pain defects and the result of testing in silver paint was waaaaaay good. I loved it.
Clay Bar from Mothers (I will do my first clay and serious detailing job in a car EVER 100% handcrafted soon) So i will look in the forums for the best technique to use it properly.
Meguiars NXT Spray Wax. Is this a SEALANT in the raw concept? Can be applied as a Sealant right after UC?
DuPont Care Carnauba Wax. So hard time to remove it but the protection is pretty decent IMO. The main disadvantage with it, is the fact of the shine; so discrete for me. If anyone knows a trick to remove it faster, It will be really appreciated.
Recently I bought Meguiars Water Spot Remover to attack calcium in my windows. Any special trick to get the best results with this? If didn't work for you guys I can get a refund.
Mothers Protectant for my trims and plastic parts. Very pleased with the shine and smell.

I don't have any window cleaner and I am afraid of the 3M available here. Any Ideas to stop using 2 terry towels to dry my windows?

Any people here from Mexico or spanish speakers around here?

Pronto les estaré preguntando todo tipo de cosas respecto al detailing para dejar ese auto como un espejo.

Gracias por aceptarme en el foro/Thanks you guys for approve my account.

Saludos desde México/Greetings

jamesboyy
09-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Welcome to autogeek