PDA

View Full Version : You all have ruined me

Ssalg
09-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Seem to be hooked....

I have been reading these forums for weeks and already have seen a nice bill on my credit card. It looks like it will be another obsessive hobby. My last obsessive hobby did turn into my career...

Anyhow, thank you all for your information, forums like these make you appreciate the art of dedicated work in any field.

For me, I'm 27, brand new to detailing (hobbyist), and have a love for VW. I work as a glassblower / glass fabricator, artist, and educator.

I have yet to polish my car but am eager to give it a try. In my world of glass I have cut, engraved, and polished many pieces of glass of all sizes and shapes. I am interested in seeing where the overlap is in paint correction.

For my art work, if interested, check out Jon Chapman (http://jon-chapman.com). The monotonous ware series has a few videos of machine driven glass objects I create.

Thanks again all, look forward to future conversations.

Appreciatively
Jon

jamesboyy
09-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Welcome to autogeek, nice work you have created too, though your credit card/wallet will have Autogeek written all over it ....happy detailing

Kamakaz1961
09-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Autogeek to me is like a drug! I am addicted to them.....in a nice way though! Welcome to the club

DaveT435
09-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Welcome to Auto Geek!!

hernandez.art13
09-25-2014, 01:10 PM
I could see how doing glass work (like you described, not exactly how since I've never done it) can fit into detailing.

For me, I imagine I am drawing when I am polishing paint actually. (How one draws with a pencil and paper)

I've seen some YouTube videos on glass blowing and it looks like a very artistic trade. (seems kinda scary though lol)

and Welcome.