PDA

View Full Version : FK 1000P Or Four Star UPP?

Zubair
09-25-2014, 02:19 AM
Hi All

I can't ask anyone in my country about these as we don't get them here but I do know many on the AG forum has used either or both and have first hand experience with them.

How would one describe the looks and realistic durability of either?

Zubair
09-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Noone use either?

BillyJack
09-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Can't say anything about Four star, but I've used a quite a bit of FK. Looks aren't anything special IMO, but durability is pretty darn good. I much prefer Collinite on the body, either 845, 476 or 915, depending on my mood at the time, but FK1000p is my favorite sealant for use on wheels. It outlasts any other non-coating product I've tried.

Bill

Zubair
09-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks Bill, the threads I've read on 1000P state it makes the car look like its got a 2nd layer of clearcoat which I assumed would be stunning from a looks point of view but now I see they probably meant doesnt add anything over and above the standard paint look?

expdetailing
09-26-2014, 11:48 AM
I have used Four Star and many other high quality sealants. Four Star, IMO, exceeds the rest in terms of look. It is a very glossy sealant. It also is very slick. Much slicker than the rest that I've used. I can't compare to the other product you listed because I've never used that before.

Zubair
09-26-2014, 12:24 PM
I have used Four Star and many other high quality sealants. Four Star, IMO, exceeds the rest in terms of look. It is a very glossy sealant. It also is very slick. Much slicker than the rest that I've used. I can't compare to the other product you listed because I've never used that before.

Have you used Menz Power Lock? I really like it, if so how does it compare? Also durability on UPP?

Dogfather
09-26-2014, 02:16 PM
but now I see they probably meant doesnt add anything over and above the standard paint look?

It may depend on the color of the car and your personal preference. My car is pearl white and I like the look of 1000p as much or more than the other sealants I've used ( Z2pro, DG111, Opti Seal) I can't comment on UPP but it seems to be a much beloved product.

expdetailing
09-26-2014, 03:35 PM
4Star UPP and Powerlock look almost identicle, but the 4Star was easier to apply and remove, IME.

Zubair
09-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys you have been most helpful, I've been alternating between Power Lock and 915 and both look incredible albeit very different from each other. I've got a dozen LSP's but these two seem to continously stand out from the others in looks and durability. I thought I might find others that could match or surpass but many offer either looks or durability, not both.

ScottB
09-26-2014, 09:44 PM
Four Star UPP is better looking .... the other is likely a bit more durable. I love Four Star and its ease of application/removal make it my choice for years !!

Zubair
09-27-2014, 01:00 AM
Scott are you referring to UPP and FK1000P or UPP and PL?

ScottB
09-27-2014, 06:10 AM
Scott are you referring to UPP and FK1000P or UPP and PL?

UPP for looks first .... FK for a bit longer durability. Both are nice looking and durable products, just my memory as to outcome when using them.

The challenge I find now is that I no longer apply a base coat of this or that and just leave it alone. I use spray products after each wash and I wash weekly. I probably could now get away with just using sprays but moved to coatings as a base. I can apply a coating once a year and then keep up with sprays for deeper gloss, beading, and other wants until it strikes me to strip it and start over again.