PDA

View Full Version : Train horn help

Pages : [1] 2

Thenissanguy
09-25-2014, 12:00 AM
So Im in the market for a really loud train horn! Looking for somehing that screams , I feel like the deep tone won't scare people as much and something high pitch.
Can anyone reccomend me one for around $300?Links appreciated

BobbyG
09-25-2014, 05:15 AM
I simply Googled (https://www.google.com/search?q=train+horns+kits&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb) "Train Horns" and there's a slew of them for your very needs.

Mikes145
09-29-2014, 08:58 PM
https://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=psychoblasters-228-air-horn-kit

There are more horn combos on the website, but this one says its $290 shipped.

allenk4
09-29-2014, 09:05 PM
What type of vehicle?

DaveT435
09-29-2014, 09:09 PM
I like your thinking...

miad
09-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Please tell me you arent one of those people like on YouTube that want to drive through parking lots and scare people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

MarkD51
09-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Working for the Raiload for 30 full years, I will say this.
The real deal, real train horns are dangerously loud.

Loud enough to cause permanent hearing loss with one toot. There's been myriads of railroad employees who've sued and collected large amounts of $$$ over such.

Damage another person's hearing with such, you might be opening yourself up for a healthy lawsuit.

allenk4
09-29-2014, 10:27 PM
I have triple Kleinn horns on my Yukon

Horns squeezed being the grille

The compressor and reservoir are mounted in the extra battery tray behind the left front headlight

153 decibels is plenty

Get at least a double horn set-up. The sound is more blended and not as sharp

If you have any mechanical/electrical understanding, you can do the install yourself, just take your time

Mine is disconnected right now, as I try to be a kinder, gentler version of myself since the move to California

Thenissanguy
09-30-2014, 12:49 AM
I have triple Kleinn horns on my Yukon

Horns squeezed being the grille

The compressor and reservoir are mounted in the extra battery tray behind the left front headlight

153 decibels is plenty

Get at least a double horn set-up. The sound is more blended and not as sharp

If you have any mechanical/electrical understanding, you can do the install yourself, just take your time

Mine is disconnected right now, as I try to be a kinder, gentler version of myself since the move to California

Hah that's what im talking about lol their going on a 2008 duramax but ima have to wait since I just got a a ticket for my tint

Thenissanguy
09-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Please tell me you arent one of those people like on YouTube that want to drive through parking lots and scare people.

Not yet haha

Thenissanguy
09-30-2014, 01:07 AM
:xyxthumbs:If anyone knows someone who can sign off a ticket for me let me know hehe

miad
09-30-2014, 07:22 AM
You just got a ticket for window tint and you can't wait to get a train horn? I hope you make good money, as I see lots of fines in your future.

miad
09-30-2014, 08:24 AM
and this is coming from a person who has had both. a ticket for 20% Mirror tint (got out of that one for peeling the tint), and a ticket for a noise violation for having 3 JL 12W6 subs in the back of a grand prix. it was not the best $250 I ever spent, that is for sure. and cops are all over the train horns these days, especially with the YouTube videos (not to mention its a good way to provoke vandalism on your vehicle. people hate to get scared for no reason, it generally brings out the worst in people's emotions.)

as always, just my opinions.

allenk4
09-30-2014, 10:12 PM
I installed mine for my own safety

I used the maybe once a month

They are wired to a separate button on the dash, so I maintained my normal beep beep

Thenissanguy
09-30-2014, 11:38 PM
and this is coming from a person who has had both. a ticket for 20% Mirror tint (got out of that one for peeling the tint), and a ticket for a noise violation for having 3 JL 12W6 subs in the back of a grand prix. it was not the best $250 I ever spent, that is for sure. and cops are all over the train horns these days, especially with the YouTube videos (not to mention its a good way to provoke vandalism on your vehicle. people hate to get scared for no reason, it generally brings out the worst in people's emotions.)

as always, just my opinions.

That's true Id be scared to park my truck somewhere I just messed around with it