PDA

View Full Version : New, smaller carry-on bag limits. What?

SR99
09-23-2014, 08:14 PM
I don't fly much, so this was all news to me. While booking a trip I noticed first that most airlines now charge for carryon bags, but don't show that cost in their quoted fares.

If that wasn't enough, I noticed also that the carryon bag sizes have been reduced and some airlines really enforce this (here's an article Don't get grounded by new carry-on size limits (http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/columnist/hobica/2014/06/10/carry-on-luggage-bag-size-limits/10246511/) )

So, unfortunately for me my (practically new) carryon is too big. The new maximum dimensions for most airlines are 9.0" x 14.0" x 22.0" and apparently the luggage manufacturers didn't get the memo, since all I can find exceed at least one of those dimensions.

If anyone can provide a pointer to any current (and inexpensive) luggage that meets the 9 x 14 x 22 dimensions as exact as possible I'd sure appreciate it.

HD.Detailing
09-23-2014, 08:35 PM
no fee for carry on when I fly. Also, I usually only do carry on and a personal bag all free.

Eandras
09-23-2014, 08:41 PM
no fee for carry on when I fly. Also, I usually only do carry on and a personal bag all free.

I fly quite often and never charged for carry on. Most time I can gate Check if I have connecting flights. Beats carrying the bag across the airport. I have been traveling this week on turbo prop planes which is worst as there is weight limits and size restrictions.

Ed

MPBGT
09-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Southwest is 10x16x24. I fly constantly mostly southwest sometimes delta and American. I use the same bag that is 10x16x24 and I have never had an issue carrying it on.