PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Glass Shower Door

goldenlight
09-23-2014, 10:16 AM
After I get my Shower door cleaned and shined, I was thinking of applying a paint sealant over the glass. Is there anything else economical that wont break the bank. I would hate to use a glass coating, they can be quite costly

Loser
09-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Not sure but I just went the sealant route. I just cleaned and recaulked my shower the other week and went with BFWD on all the walls (not the floor, I don't want to cause actual whiplash from falling). I'm curious how well it holds up and if it makes cleaning easier or reduces mildew and soapscum build up.

Sizzle Chest
09-23-2014, 10:31 AM
I use rainX...

PiPUK
09-23-2014, 11:48 AM
From a chemical point of view, you do NOT want to be sealing interior glass, especially in a bathroom. It may seem like a good idea on the basis that it will stay clean but it will mean that the shower will fog up shockingly. This may, of course, not bother you but what may well bother you is that the water will tend to spot and this means that you will end up with spots are going to be highly concentrated and even harder to remove than the film of scum that you would otherwise get.