PDA

View Full Version : How to remove interior moisture?

Burns ST
09-23-2014, 12:55 AM
How can I remove moisture from the interior of my car?
I had a service clean my carpets of my car and they forgot to close my sunroof. The car sat for about 8 hours before I picked it up tonight and the damp air got inside.

oldmodman
09-23-2014, 02:32 AM
A big fan inside the car blowing air across the inside from one window out the other usually gets the inside of my cars dry overnight in a garage.
But I am in Los Angeles and it's mostly quite dry and low humidity here.

blkSRT
09-23-2014, 02:13 PM
I've used one of these in the past when storing a vehicle for a long period of time

http://www.damprid.com/moisture-odor-control-center/how-damprid-hanging-moisture-absorber-bags-work

Don M
09-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Are you in an area where it's still warm/hot outside and you can leave the car in the sun with the windows up and the sunroof open?

aim4squirrels
09-23-2014, 03:00 PM
A day with the windows open or the doors open will fix it, provided it isn't raining outside.

Desertnate
09-23-2014, 03:16 PM
A day with the windows open or the doors open will fix it, provided it isn't raining outside.

I typically do this all summer long when I park in the garage at night. I at least leave a couple of windows open and often the sunroof too. It keeps the car aired out and the condensation in the vents from the A/C giving the car that musty odor.

tigerwash
09-23-2014, 07:34 PM
leave all the doors and windows open on a sunny day. that or try a fan

Burns ST
09-24-2014, 08:57 AM
I've heard running the ac system on recirculate with the sunroof cracked helps suck it out, but I've had no such luck.

I have these little sponges called Z-Rust. They've got a pellet inside that helps draw in moisture. Giving those a shot.