PDA

View Full Version : Most durable winter sealant?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

rmcnamara
09-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Fall is just starting and winter will be here soon enough. Im looking to find the most durable winter sealant. Right now I have Klasse HGSG, And 845.

I've been doing a lot of reading about BFWD All finish, and WGDGPS. What is everyone's opinion on those. Or is there another product out there that I'm missing out on.

expdetailing
09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Hands down, if I were you, I would go for the Four Star UPP topped with collinite 915. Fourstar upp sealant pops the most by far over any other sealant. I can;t speak for powerlock though. It's coming tomorrow, so ill find out about it. THe collinite 915 was in the winners category of most durable finishes conducted a couple years back in one of the largest wax texts in history over many months. You can google it. Seriously, when it comes to sealants, 4star is in a class of it own, above bfwg, klasse, carlack, duragloss, etc

SYMAWD
09-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Permanon Platinum: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/77324-did-permanon-platinum-survive-nj-winter.html#post1057082

rmcnamara
09-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Thanks for these other recomendations. i will add them to the list.

FUNX650
09-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Im looking to find the most durable winter sealant.
Right now I have Klasse HGSG,

Sealants
•Klasse HGSG:
-Really Good Sealant
-Best when used in conjunction with Klasse AIO

I've been doing a lot of reading about...WGDGPS
•WGDGPS:
-Excellent Sealant

Or is there another product out there that I'm missing out on.
•Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax
-Excellent Sealant

Waxes

Right now I have...845.

•Collinite #845
-I consider this product an excellent Wax

Bob

EVOlved
09-22-2014, 11:58 PM
I like Sonax PNS durability is good until at least 5 months if not more and I have yet to see anything bead or self clean as well.

PRicci09
09-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Sonax polymer net shield. Just on another level than every other sealant.

Shortspark
09-23-2014, 04:52 AM
Another vote for Sonax PNS. Durable, good looking and is not a dust magnet. However, ease of application is not one of its attributes.

Prophizee
09-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Collinite insulator wax is unreal in the winter...

Forza Felipe

Klasse Act
09-23-2014, 08:52 AM
I'm going to do my winter detail as late as I can and I'm torn between Collinite #476 or 2x's Duragloss Nanoglass Paint Coating. I have the DGNCC laid down on my wife's car right now, just did it so that's the winterizing its gotten, next up is mine. I have a long road trip in about 2 weeks where its going to be treated with touch-free washes and rinseless washes using non city water, so I feel its going to need another detail when I come back.

You can't go wrong with KAIO and KSG for sure either, especially when you apply 2-3 coats of KSG w/ the normal 12 hr cure time inbetween.

No matter what you chose though, regular washes are key, whether its touch-free or rinseless washes in the garage, keeping the salt/grit/dirt off is always the best protection!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Desertnate
09-23-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure where you live, OP, but I'm able to easily get through winter with Collinite 845 or Klasse SG on my cars. One coat of either should do it, or apply two coats and easily sail through the worst Winter weather and well into Spring.

rmcnamara
09-23-2014, 10:59 AM
I live in NY. I'm hoping we don't have a winter like last year. It was the worst I can remember. I got my car after the worst of it last year. So it hasn't seen anything that bad yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damaged442
09-23-2014, 11:01 AM
In my experience, Collinite 476 lasts longer than the 845 for me. I have and continue to use both during some pretty brutal upstate NY winters where the roads are salted and sanded heavily.

I normally apply two coats in November and I will reapply if I get a day above freezing in January or March.

If all you have is 845, you will still be OK.

Klasse Act
09-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Yeah if you live in the snow belt, #845 is "ok" but it has its place during winter monthes for those who live outside the snow belt. That said, stick with #476, KSG or DG #111 for severe duties!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

jaimz11
09-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I've had nice results with DG 601/501 or 601/105. Tried using nothing but Zaino Clear Seal last year on my FJ and it actually held up well too.

I maintain with regular 2 bucket washes on "warmer" days followed by AW or just using DG rinseless w/ AW in my garage after running through a touchless car wash for the underbody sprayer.