PDA

View Full Version : Megs APC

willowcat11
09-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Hey guys.

I have recently become interested in Meguiars APC. I have been using Simple Green on real dirty interior jobs for a while.

I just had a few questions:

1. Is simple green bad for interior of car(Plastic, Vinyl, Dasboards, Rubber mats)? I DO NOT use it on leather or electronics.

2. How does this product compare to Megs APC?

3. Can Megs APC handle tough jobs, like heavily soiled vinyl seats, rubber mats, and the plastic you step on when stepping into the car.

I'm just trying to find out what Megs is capable of, so I will know if this can do certain jobs, and whether I'll need something else for my dirtier jobs or not.

Thanks everyone,

and have a great week!

Ray

jsgntulok
09-22-2014, 02:57 PM
I don't use Simple Green primarily because I don't like the smell. Meguiars APC is the only all purpose cleaner I use. At various concentrations, it serves me very well when used on/in my cars and around the house. It is even a great pre-treatment for laundry when all else fails.

MitchLiving
09-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Hey guys.

I have recently become interested in Meguiars APC. I have been using Simple Green on real dirty interior jobs for a while.

I just had a few questions:

1. Is simple green bad for interior of car(Plastic, Vinyl, Dasboards, Rubber mats)? I DO NOT use it on leather or electronics.

2. How does this product compare to Megs APC?

3. Can Megs APC handle tough jobs, like heavily soiled vinyl seats, rubber mats, and the plastic you step on when stepping into the car.

I'm just trying to find out what Megs is capable of, so I will know if this can do certain jobs, and whether I'll need something else for my dirtier jobs or not.

Thanks everyone,

and have a great week!

Ray

You will find that Meg's APC is one of the most used APC in the detailing world unless someone is trying to sell their own brand of APC. But honestly, for the dilution ratio you can't go wrong with it.
I used their wheel cleaner and that was also a great product. I've learned the hard way you can't use any wheel cleaner as it can strip the wheels of it's coating..

Happy Detailing.

RevitalizeAutoSpa
09-22-2014, 03:02 PM
I love Meguiar's APC. I use it for a ridiculous amount of things - wheel wells, wheels, tires, leather, vinyl, around the house, etc.

allenk4
09-22-2014, 03:10 PM
At full-strength Simple Green will remove white paint from interior controls

Brunkel
09-23-2014, 12:33 PM
APC+ is awesome. From interiors and carpets, to pad cleaning, to salsa stains on furniture (for real...I've tried it)

I use regular Meg's APC for rubber floor mats, pedals, leather that's really bad, tires...anything that you want it to foam up on. This will foam, APC+ won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcjredline
09-23-2014, 12:41 PM
You will forget how to spell Simple Green trust us.

Desertnate
09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
At full-strength Simple Green will remove white paint from interior controls

I learned this lesson the hard way! Fortunately, it was only the blinker stalk on a personal car and not something like the radio face in a customer's vehicle.

MPBGT
09-23-2014, 07:33 PM
You will never buy simple green again. I bought a gallon of Megs APC and have not looked at my simple green bottle since.

expdetailing
09-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Get the meg's super degreaser too. It will duplicate the cleaning power of simple green with no problem.