PDA

View Full Version : Best car shampoo GO!

Pages : [1] 2

QuietCropDuster
09-22-2014, 06:03 AM
Mother's California Gold (currently have but almost out) $9.99 for 64oz on Amazon

Or

Chemical Guys "wash & wax" which is $14.99 for a gallon.

Never tried the Chemical Guy wash and wax but I have their other products.

Do I stay w the Mother's or try out the Chemical Guys?

Thoughts? ??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mills3
09-22-2014, 06:59 AM
I like Meguiars wash and wax shampoo. I recently switched to Adams car wash shampoo. The Adams shampoo really seems to bubble very nice, and it doesn't take that much to do the job.

damaged442
09-22-2014, 07:09 AM
I tried out Chemical Guys. Right now I have a gallon of Mr. Pink. A little goes a very long way. I use a capful for 4 gallons of water and it suds up well and has a pretty good smell. Most importantly, it works very well for me also. I have some CG Citrus Wash on it's way too so I can do some comparison/contrast soon.

One thing to look at is dilution factors. If the directions say to use 1 oz for 1 gallon, you clearly don't get the same bang for your buck as 1 oz for 4-5 gallons. Something to consider...

Bottom line, is it's all up to you.

Desertnate
09-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Poorboys Super Slick with Suds or Detailer's Power Wash.

I've used Meg's Gold Class for years, but found I like the other two much better.

CDot
09-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Mothers Cali Gold is a very good shampoo. I have owned the CG Wash & Wax--wasn't the best. That is mostly because I don't like Wash & Wax shampoos, they don't clean as well as the pure shampoos.

Best cleaning shampoos I've used are Duragloss 901 and Optimum Car Wash. CG's Mr. Pink is also very good, but less "sudsy" in the 2BM than the former 2.

TrolleyVW
09-22-2014, 07:55 AM
I've always used CG wash and gloss but it separates too much and, at least for me, didn't seem to ever suds right.

With the recent BOGO on Citrus Wash Clear, I got two gallons of that. After the first few washes with it, I already love it. It suds up like crazy, it has a ton of lubricity, smells great, has LSP safe dilution along with a stripping dilution, and cleans extremely well.

Wolfgang auto bathe was nice also.

QuietCropDuster
09-22-2014, 08:14 AM
I think I'm gonna try to hold off until black Friday to get the best deal possible. I do like the Mother's stuff but I'd like to try something new...the citrus wash from chemical guys seems like it would fit the bill.

LRC3
09-22-2014, 09:00 AM
The one that's on sale.

QuietCropDuster
09-22-2014, 09:06 AM
The one that's on sale.

Wait, which one is on sale?

Dereksdtail
09-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Megs hyper wash

dcjredline
09-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Cg citrus wash clear, megs D111, and Duragloss 901 are my favs

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

EVOlved
09-22-2014, 12:12 PM
My favorite for maintainance washes is Lusso Auto Bathe, very gentle, smells good, and great lubricity (all of this does come at a price though). I use Citrus Wash Red for stripping before polishing or applying a new LSP. At this point I use Honeydew Snow Foam the most though, because I like using the cannon and it is vey cost effective.

That said I do look forward to trying 3 other maintenance washes, the new honeydew, Meguiar's Hyperwash, and Optimum Car Wash.

conquistador
09-22-2014, 03:40 PM
In no particular order

Optimum
Ultima
Meguiars M62 (rarely mentioned but an outstanding shampoo)

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

top189h
09-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Adams, Reset, Zymol (otc), Wolfgang, Mr Pink

swanicyouth
09-22-2014, 08:29 PM
My thoughts are CGs shampoos are OK - but not very slick. Their CWG kills beading for me - albeit temporary. I thought Mr Pink was just weak Maxi Suds. Glossworks smells pretty nice.

But, not all gloss shampoos do this. Sonax Gloss & 1Z Exclusiv Gloss actually add to beading. They are both quite good.

Lusso and PoorBoys SSS are both good ones as well. Optimum & Duragloss are quite substantial & foamy when diluted as directed on the bottle.

Wolfgang shampoo is pretty nice - but not worth the price IMHO. Ultima is kind of hard on waxes IMHO, but cleans pretty well.

Dodos B2B is pretty nice if the car has wax on it and isn't filthy. It's not a heavy duty cleaner type.

Mothers is a little meh - but OK. Doesn't do anything particularly good or bad. Surprisingly, I didn't like Blackfire too much.

Honeydew foams the best in the foam cannon and smells great. Maxi Suds II is another one that is harsh on wax, but foams well in a cannon.

BMW actually makes a nice shampoo that's about $8 for 16oz at the dealer... Not bad.

P21S is another one I like is the car isn't too dirty.