PDA

View Full Version : Debating AIO verses rejuvenator creme and lsp

Brunkel
09-21-2014, 09:21 AM
So for my detail package without any paint correction I'm going back and forth between these 2 options:
1. AIO like auto finesse triple or pinnacle xmt360

2. Rejuvenator/paint cleaner like auto finesse or lusso oro revitalizing creme, followed by a dedicated wax or sealant

I just feel that if they don't want paint correction I should offer them really good protection. I think both are about the same work time involved but I'm not sold on the length of protection with the AIO's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

expdetailing
09-21-2014, 09:30 AM
In my eyes, if your offering a cleaner such as, an AIO or a revitalizer, the time required to properly use these products does fall into the category of paint correction. Maybe not very far into that category though.
However, to answer your question, I would go with an AIO, OR pick a revitalizer followed by a sealant that can be applied quickly, and removed quickly. Go with the more economical route.

Zubair
09-21-2014, 01:39 PM
AIO's hardly have any cut, nor does their wax/sealant part have more than a couple of weeks durability. Personally I have many AIO's and not one gives the finish of a two step like either PF2500 or SF4000 followed by either PL or 845. They do have their place but not for people who want ultimate gloss or durability. I think of AIO's as the lazy mans shortcut.

FUNX650
09-21-2014, 02:27 PM
So for my detail package without any paint correction I'm going back and forth between these 2 options:
1. AIO like auto finesse triple or pinnacle xmt360

2. Rejuvenator/paint cleaner like auto finesse or lusso oro revitalizing creme, followed by a dedicated wax or sealant

I just feel that if they don't want paint correction I should offer them really good protection. I think both are about the same work time involved but I'm not sold on the length of protection with the AIO's

I like the suggestion of "matching services to the client" found in this Mike Phillips article:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/58359-how-use-one-step-cleaner-wax-maximize-profits.html

OP:
•Go with your #1-option above; and:
-don't worry about the "goodness", or the length of protection, that an AIO may or may not have; which, BTW:
-The Customer surely doesn't seem to...by the package that was chosen!!

•Bit of advice:
-Don't ever concern yourself that someone perceives
this "AIO-detailing-method" to be a lazy-way/shortcut.

I think of AIO's as the lazy mans shortcut

Bob

Brunkel
09-21-2014, 02:47 PM
AIO's hardly have any cut, nor does their wax/sealant part have more than a couple of weeks durability. Personally I have many AIO's and not one gives the finish of a two step like either PF2500 or SF4000 followed by either PL or 845. They do have their place but not for people who want ultimate gloss or durability. I think of AIO's as the lazy mans shortcut.

Right, but I'm asking this in regards to a package where the customer is not paying for paint correction. If they want to opt for paint correction the price reflects the time it takes to do that and I will then use a dedicated polish etc...

I started off doing a bunch of paint correction jobs for <$200 like many make the mistake of doing when the customer won't even notice or care. For a basic detail people want clean interiors and shiny paint. A quick pass with in AIO is not to paint correct but to clean the surface a bit more and add some gloss and protection.

What I'm trying to decide is the best combo for this style of detail: ie no paint correction, just clean and shiny paint. I was able to achieve this with an AIO so I'd say not bad :)
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3853/14909394280_1ec809e5b2_c.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5585/15096030415_35e1666224_c.jpg

I just don't feel as good about the length of protection AIO's offer. Topping in AIO might not last as long either since the AIO will leave some oils on the surface. So my guess is a cleaner/rejuvenator followed by a dedicated wax/sealant will definitely add more protection, but not as much gloss?

I like the suggestion of "matching services to the client" found in this Mike Phillips article:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/58359-how-use-one-step-cleaner-wax-maximize-profits.html

OP:
•Go with your #1-option above; and:
-don't worry about the "goodness", or the length of protection, that an AIO may or may not have; which, BTW:
-The Customer surely doesn't seem to...by the package that was chosen!!

•Bit of advice:
-Don't ever concern yourself that someone perceives
this "AIO-detailing-method" to be a lazy-way/shortcut.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. That's a great article and was what prompted me to go to the AIO's in the first place! I fell into the category that Mike talks about in the beginning. I guess I still get giddy about LSPs and like adding that final layer of a dedicated wax and/or sealant. Maybe I'm just trying to find excuses to use all the stuff I have lol

Your advice is spot on. If I had the expectation of correcting imperfections fully with an AIO that would be a different story. But just trying to make clean and shiny paint for the average customer right now. My own ride gets the full day of compounding and polishing to make perfect :)