PDA

View Full Version : Help! Tried paste wax today and now I have major issues

ssmith96
09-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Normally I don't use paste wax, I just put something on with my DA on a slow speed, wait a few minutes and buff it off.

Today, I used Pinnacle Signature Series II wax and when I was done I realized I was having wax smearing or hologramming issues. It wasn't too sunny out so i changed my method and slowed down my buffing off and went over each panel with a clean towel.

I thought I had it perfect..... now a few hours later i see a streak in my hood so i go to wipe it off and BAM. I move a ton of oily crap around and next think you know I'm wiping down my whole hood chasing after smearing/holograms with my LED light (its night time now) and no matter what I do I just keep moving crap around, not getting rid of it and I don't know what to do.

Should I grab a QD and wipe down the whole car? Just use cold water?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Kamakaz1961
09-20-2014, 09:53 PM
I would re-wash your car. I think that should take care of that issue.

cleanmycorolla
09-20-2014, 10:11 PM
How was the car prepped prior? Also kind of sound like over application.

ssmith96
09-20-2014, 10:15 PM
I would re-wash your car. I think that should take care of that issue.

I was worried this might spread it around more and look even worse. Is that possible? lol

How was the car prepped prior? Also kind of sound like over application.

I think so to, its possible being this is my first experience with paste wax.

I SHOULD NOTE:

This a brand new car that had a ton of wax put on at the dealership but luckily they did not scratch it up, the paint condition was actually almost excellent. All I did to prep was wash the car with dawn which appeared to remove their wax (there was almost no beading after the dawn) and I polished out one or two places where there was some noticeable marring of the paint.

FUNX650
09-20-2014, 10:39 PM
I would re-wash your car..
^^^:iagree:^^^

Now, to stay within the Pinnacle product line (Synergy, et al):

•Afterwards, You could try some:
-Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish to remove
the remaining Pinnacle Sig. Series II; and whatever remnants of the "Dealership's waxing-efforts".

-Then apply another thin film-layer of Sig. Series II.

-The: Buffing-off...of the SSII Wax can be assisted...
(if need be) with: Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray.
That's how I do it!

Bob

ssmith96
09-21-2014, 11:45 AM
I just washed the car nice but theres no sun today so I'll take a look later under the LED's or in the sun tomorrow