PDA

View Full Version : Mooresville/Charlotte Detailers - Help with relocation

CarolinasFinestDetailing
09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Hey guys,

Looking for a change and the wife and I have had our eyes on this area for awhile. Heading that way 09/26 - 10/01 to scope out area and for a little vacation. Any guys looking to connect , network, or possibly partner? If I like the area as much as I'm thinking, I'd like to have moved down by December.

If not, anyone know good places to scout out as far as jobs and good town houses? Any cool places I should see while down?

If you want to chat more about it, email me: johnathonstephens@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Little about me: Grew up in Louisiana. Been in Upstate NY for a bit over 5 years. Been working full time while detailing part time while in NY.

CDot
09-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Been living in Charlotte for almost 21 years--the city and surrounding have changed so much since then.

What's your current profession? The top 3 largest employers in the city are Carolinas Medical Center (hospital with many branches around town), Bank of America, and Wells Fargo.

Docpeanut
09-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Charlotte is a beautiful place. My wife and I have rental properly down there and we will be making our permanent move in about 3 years when the oldest graduates high school

CarolinasFinestDetailing
09-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Been living in Charlotte for almost 21 years--the city and surrounding have changed so much since then.

What's your current profession? The top 3 largest employers in the city are Carolinas Medical Center (hospital with many branches around town), Bank of America, and Wells Fargo.

I have my IT degree and extensive experience in Inventory control. I'm currently working on my Bachelors in Business with a specialization in Project Management. I am looking to detail full or part time while I finish my degree, and continue to detail part time once done with my course of study.

CDot
09-22-2014, 09:14 AM
The banks are a good place to start; I'm with one and work in IT doing contract/vendor mgmt./IT asset mgmt.

Each section of the Charlotte area is unique. You should definitely visit our Uptown (which is what we call our downtown) while you're here. Unfortunately, they tore down a lot of historical buildings/architecture in the last decade--which I hate--but that means most of the area is new and very clean.

South End/Dilworth (south of Uptown) has an upscale & cozy feel and it's right outside of Uptown. Plaza-Midwood is east of Uptown and is an artsy area with a great BBQ restaurant called Midwood Smokehouse. University City (area around UNC-Charlotte) is a very nice area and the most diverse demographically. The Ballantyne & SouthPark areas are the ritzy-ist and nice to see/visit. Check out Concord Mills if you have some time as well.