PDA

View Full Version : Door jamb scuff marks

chipmb2985
09-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi guys,

My 5 month old black Mazda6, already has scuffs and scratches in the door jamb. I tried going over some of them with Megiuars ScratchX but had no luck.

Any suggestions, besides being more careful getting into the car lol? I don't have sill plates, but the marks are actually on the edge any way. I'll get some pics shortly.

expdetailing
09-19-2014, 10:20 AM
If you don't have a buffer to assist you getting them out, you can try spray touch-up paint, then cover it with sprayable clear coat.
I did this to my vehicle. The texture is rougher when I glide my finger accross it, but it looks good enough.

jamesboyy
09-19-2014, 11:01 AM
Well you could try compound, or like stated touch up the area though if its not bugging you so much ill leave it be then after a few years whether keeping her/him or about to trade it in then repair the area

allenk4
09-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Pictures will help a lot

What tools and products do you already have?

chipmb2985
09-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys. It bothered me when I first noticed it, but they aren't really THAT bad. I might invest in some kind of porter cable down the line and try that.

I have a more pressing issue that I need to attend to, anyway. It involves a plastic trashcan and my side mirrror and me encountering it lol. It's a very thin, small, white scratch that's deeper. Going to give Dr. Colorchip a shot and I'll post my before and after shots.

chipmb2985
09-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Pictures will help a lot

What tools and products do you already have?

I'll snap some when I get home. Thanks! The only thing I really have is a quick detailer, meguiars scratchx, and microfiber towels.