PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Quik Wax on glass

Don M
09-19-2014, 07:51 AM
I just watched Mark Kleis' video on UTUBE about using UQW. In the comments below the video, he states that he used it on his glass, but uses less than he would on a body panel. With this in mind, I used the UQW on my car the other day and after I was done with the body of the car, there was enough "residue" in the microfiber towel to do the glass. So I cleaned the glass and wiped it down with the UQW treated mf, then buffed the window with a clean/dry mf. They came out perfect. Just for giggles, I did the inside of my windshield (I'm a smoker) without cleaning the glass first. To my surprise, it also came out perfectly clear and streak free.

The only problem now is that the windshield is so clean, I can see all the pits in the glass.

Opinions?

Setec Astronomy
09-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Opinions?

On what? I think you should try and stop smoking, I'll throw that out there :)

Oh, and the pits...yeah, I know you didn't do this, but glass polishing and old windshield to get wiper trails out is a great way to highlight where rocks have hit your windshield.

Tato
09-19-2014, 09:23 AM
I never had a problem using it on outside glass (and it works great temporarily repelling water there), I just avoid using anything else than proper cleaner (I like Diamonite) on interior, to avoid unexpected damage to window film.

If you get streaking applying it, it's just a matter of another towel pass, maybe even with another towel, slowly.

Kind Regards.

Don M
09-19-2014, 10:52 AM
On what? I think you should try and stop smoking, I'll throw that out there :)

Everyone needs more than one hobby :)

FUNX650
09-19-2014, 11:57 AM
I think you should try and stop smoking, I'll throw that out there :)

Everyone needs more than one hobby :)
Surely:
Smoking, to you, is not a Hobby?

OH!...The stupefying-power of nicotine!!

Bob

hernandez.art13
09-19-2014, 12:41 PM
I'll say this and leave it at that. (I would like to add that I am not pointing anyone out specifically, I am just speaking in general)

Drugs, illegal or legal, including nicotine and even coffee are a drug. A lot of people don't seem to understand that it's not as easy as waking up in the morning and saying, "ok I'm done with that"

For some it can be but others it isn't.

Addiction is a a chronic disease and slowly people are starting to see that they do have a disease and people that do have it don't have to be so ashamed about it.

Once you begin recovery, there is no, "well I had it last week, but I'm all cured now"

It is something that one has to live for the rest of their lives, but can be controlled, but not cured. Just like other chronic diseases.

Here is a list of other Chronic Diseases:

Asthma
Bipolar mood disease
Brochiectasis
Cardiac failure
Cardiomyopathy
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Chronic kidney disease
Coronary artery disease
Crohn's disease
Diabetes insipidus
Diabetes mellitus (type 1 and type 2)
Dysrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
Haemophilia
HIV
Hyperlipidaemia (high cholesterol)
Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Hypothyroidism (inactive thyroid gland)
Multiple sclerosis
Parkinson's disease
Rheumatoid arthritis
Schizophrenia
Systemic lupus erythematosis
Ulcerative colitis

Chronic Disease: is a long-lasting condition that can be controlled but not cured.

Here is some reading:

NIDA - Drug Abuse and Addiction: One of America's Most Challenging Public Health Problems (http://archives.drugabuse.gov/about/welcome/aboutdrugabuse/chronicdisease/)

oh and I'm off to Big Bear (church retreat) :)

KB in MD
09-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Boy, this thread really went for a :buffing:

hernandez.art13
09-19-2014, 12:52 PM
So I thought opti coating my windshield would be a great idea. However, it is all hazy now and no amount of rubbing has taken off the coating. It looks like I am going to have to polish out the coating.

I am thinking about trying something like Rain X.

I've put a sealant on my windshield and it worked great for a few weeks then that also started to haze pretty bad, luckily just a few washes and it came right off.

I haven't really had any luck with with "sealing" a windshield, tried, coatings, sealant, spray wax and they all seem to haze over time. Like I said I am planning on giving something designed for windshields a shot.

dcjredline
09-19-2014, 02:46 PM
The only problem I have when people call it a disease is this... You're doing it to yourself, I've never heard of someone putting Parkinson's or Epilepsy causing sticks in their mouth. Diseases like that aren't a CHOICE. More times than not ur born with them. I personally wouldn't put CIG puffing in the same category as Parkinson's geesh??? Sounds like making excuses to me. Just my .02.

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

LaFawnduh
09-19-2014, 05:35 PM
So I thought opti coating my windshield would be a great idea. However, it is all hazy now and no amount of rubbing has taken off the coating. It looks like I am going to have to polish out the coating.

I am thinking about trying something like Rain X.

I've put a sealant on my windshield and it worked great for a few weeks then that also started to haze pretty bad, luckily just a few washes and it came right off.

I haven't really had any luck with with "sealing" a windshield, tried, coatings, sealant, spray wax and they all seem to haze over time. Like I said I am planning on giving something designed for windshields a shot.

The DP glass coating actually work well and cures clean. I'd recommend it over rainx

frankprozzoly
09-19-2014, 06:09 PM
I use whatever im using on the car. I've used spray wax. . Colinite... Megs 21.. makes the rain slide off quickly. .

Your right about addiction. I chew snuff and quite 3 weeks ago when I was on vacation and every day is a struggle

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

trashmanssd
09-19-2014, 06:17 PM
The only problem I have when people call it a disease is this... You're doing it to yourself, I've never heard of someone putting Parkinson's or Epilepsy causing sticks in their mouth. Diseases like that aren't a CHOICE. More times than not ur born with them. I personally wouldn't put CIG puffing in the same category as Parkinson's geesh??? Sounds like making excuses to me. Just my .02.

+1
I am addicted to Caffeine and Chocolate but that's only my mental weakness that doesn't allow me to quit those. I cant see calling something you can chose not to have/do a disease. Just fells wrong to me.

On topic I use my "Spray wax of choice" towel to touch up my windows when I am done with the outside of the car.

dcjredline
09-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Right, I'm addicted to Mt Dew and its totally MY fault and if I want to quit I can. I am just too weak to want to right now lol