PDA

View Full Version : New black car need tips

Pages : [1] 2

nab0610
09-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Ok so I have new shiny black car. Two firsts for me a new car and a black car. I've been reading around the net a whole bunch and I've been recommended to come to this forum as everyone says its the best out here.

I'm looking to maintain that pearly shine, but I don't have a garage to park in and I live in NC moderate winters but nothing too bad.

Currently I'm planning to wash every week or two with Meguiars Gold, microfiber mitt, two buckets and dry with large microfiber drying towel. Then hit the car with a quick detailer.

How long until I'm going to need to was this bad boy? Also recommendations on wax I was thinking of using Meguiars ultimate carnauba. Some people have recommended black wax, but from what I've read it would seem the black wax is more intended for older black cars? I've also heard some of them don't have any staying power and just get washed away.

For interior I think I'm good to go with lexol+303.

Any recommendations on upkeep for a new black car and how often I should be washing/waxing? I'd like to avoid having to polish the car for as long as possible.

Thanks

nab0610
09-18-2014, 09:00 AM
I've also been told to look into Zaino products. Any of you guys have any experience or advice in regards?

Klasse Act
09-18-2014, 09:30 AM
You'll get a lot of advice here but for black Collinite #915 is hard to beat! DuraGloss rinseless wash is something you might wanna look into as well, its a "game changer" for cleaning your car, many choices of rinseless wash but DG's is my favorite. It can also be made into a quick detailer as well, making maintence a breeze!

You'll wanna clay the car before applying the wax/vsealant of your chosing, a nice polishing wouldn't hurt either afterwards and then the wax/selant. Even though its new it doesn't hurt, that's for sure.

Any pics of the new ride?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

HD.Detailing
09-18-2014, 09:38 AM
clay, remove any swirls, and coat it.

Mike Phillips
09-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

What are you working on?

:xyxthumbs:

HUMP DIESEL
09-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Yeah, black car, but what model and brand of car.

What part of NC do you live in?

HUMP

nab0610
09-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Black TLX. I'll post up some pics later. Any reason that you guys lean towards rinseless washes?

Raleigh

HUMP DIESEL
09-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Where are you exactly. I am not far from NC, but it all depends on where in NC.

HUMP

nab0610
09-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Where are you exactly. I am not far from NC, but it all depends on where in NC.

HUMP

Raleigh

refreshauto
09-18-2014, 11:46 AM
welcome to Autogeek. im in Wake Forest

HUMP DIESEL
09-18-2014, 11:54 AM
There you go, refreshauto

Mr. Vargas can help you out. I would at the minimum, go by and talk to him. You guys could work out an arrangement to get you started out on the right foot with the car.

HUMP

nab0610
09-18-2014, 09:33 PM
So my car is coming in tomorrow morning picking it up that evening. Just emailed my salesman to not wash the car or touch the paint. Going to bring it home wash clay wax saturday. Ill try and post before after pics.

Ive heard from a few that canarauba wax > sealant on a black car. Any thoughts on this?

EVOlved
09-18-2014, 10:55 PM
So my car is coming in tomorrow morning picking it up that evening. Just emailed my salesman to not wash the car or touch the paint. Going to bring it home wash clay wax saturday. Ill try and post before after pics.

Ive heard from a few that canarauba wax > sealant on a black car. Any thoughts on this?

PREPWORK.. Blows away all of that. The number one thing that removes gloss is defects (marring/swirls/holograms) in your clear coat. Polishing removes as much of those defects as possible. I would much rather look at a freshly polished car, than a car I just washed and slapped some wax on.

I hope you have grit guards for your two buckets, to help reduce marring (minute scratches) induced during your washes. Acura's are know to typically have soft paint and black on top of that, I hope you are ready for a second job. If it was me I would be washing, claying, polishing, and then coating it so I could spend less time worrying about what was or sealant etc.. But that's me.

Oh yeah did I forget to say :welcome: and your wallet may hate it here!!

nab0610
09-18-2014, 11:02 PM
PREPWORK.. Blows away all of that. The number one thing that removes gloss is defects (marring/swirls/holograms) in your clear coat. Polishing removes as much of those defects as possible. I would much rather look at a freshly polished car, than a car I just washed and slapped some wax on.

I hope you have grit guards for your two buckets, to help reduce marring (minute scratches) induced during your washes. Acura's are know to typically have soft paint and black on top of that, I hope you are ready for a second job. If it was me I would be washing, claying, polishing, and then coating it so I could spend less time worrying about what was or sealant etc.. But that's me.

Oh yeah did I forget to say :welcome: and your wallet may hate it here!!
haha noted, I think one of my employees has a polishing machine and some experience so might enlist some help in the learning process and make sure I'm getting it done right. He's a bit OCD about his car just got to throw a few bucks his way, the advantage of cheap hourly employees who like you as a boss :buffing:

custmsprty
09-18-2014, 11:09 PM

Lot's of great advice here. Black is beautiful and a full time job. " the more you wash it the more you marr it" no matter how careful you are. Like Mike and many others have said, if I may quote them, the more you touch the paint the more you chance marring it, just goes with the territory.

Here's my babied GC:
It's my garage queeen, just got rained on a couple weeks ago for the second time in two years. The rain went off it like Rain X thanks to PBL Sealant and Black Ice. I dried it off and put a fresh coat of Black Ice on it with my Rupe 3" polisher. I love Black Ice for Black Cars!!!!! As little as this paint has been touched, just light wipe downs with quality MF towels I still find light scratches after highly polishing the paint, so if that's the case on this garage queen just imagine if you wash a black vehicle weekly.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/WGFUZION_zpse7ecb2ac.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/WGFUZION_zpse7ecb2ac.jpg.html)
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/custmsprty/genesiscoupe_zps4780adac.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/custmsprty/media/genesiscoupe_zps4780adac.jpg.html)