PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaning

buddy01
09-17-2014, 10:12 AM
My dodge ram truck needs its interior clean badly, well actually mostly the dash. I picked up the other day some Griot's Interior cleaner to try. It works pretty well, but my dash has been neglected for sometime. I got this dash used off someone since mine broke and I can tell they didn't clean it often. It seems like there is some heavy residue on it in some spots, little paint spots, and fading (not sure if its fading or residue causing it). The Griot's didn't really do the best job as its still nasty. So I was wondering what you guys can recommend for me to get this to look brand new or at least close to it. I didn't know if a magic eraser will work or if its harmful but any help I appreciate!

lancerplayer
09-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Some type of All Purpose Cleaner (APC) with proper dilution will help clean up the remaining dirt/grime. There are many APC choices out there. They all seem to work well, so it's personal preference.

Meguiar's APC seems to be popular on here and is priced well.

Follow up with some type of protectant will be beneficial as well. Again, there are numerous choices.

303 Aerospace Protectant seems to be high regarded.

Good luck!

jamesboyy
09-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Some type of All Purpose Cleaner (APC) with proper dilution will help clean up the remaining dirt/grime. There are many APC choices out there. They all seem to work well, so it's personal preference.

Meguiar's APC seems to be popular on here and is priced well.

Follow up with some type of protectant will be beneficial as well. Again, there are numerous choices.

303 Aerospace Protectant seems to be high regarded.

Good luck!

Plus one on that posth though might I add if a steamer was at reach you could use that too though go get an OTC(like zep citrus apc) or order one online once cleaned to your standard be sure to add three coats of protectant with 5 to 10 dry time in between so that it can revive the dash a bit , however dodge ram dashboards are known to stay dirty

buddy01
09-17-2014, 11:43 AM
I do have two APC already, Adams APC and also Simple Green Heavy duty APC. I'll try the Adams first before simple green.

I need to order 303, been meaning to for awhile.

jamesboyy
09-17-2014, 11:45 AM
Cool though you could always use another water based dressing you might have on hand until the 303 comes in

buddy01
09-17-2014, 11:55 AM
The only other dressing I have is from Adams and it's their VRT. I asked them before about using that on dash, they said wasn't really made for interior but can work so I was hesitant on using it.

jamesboyy
09-17-2014, 12:07 PM
I see you could always test a hidden spot to see how it will work if you wanted to

sweatthedetails
09-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Megs #40 Vinyl and Rubber cleaner or their #39 both do good work on this type stuff.

allenk4
09-17-2014, 08:02 PM
Whatever you choose...so a small test spot on the passenger side of the dash