PDA

View Full Version : megs 21 over DG spray wax

frankprozzoly
09-16-2014, 07:33 AM
My lsp is megs 21. I've been topping it off after washing with Dgww then spraying DG spray wax once in awhile.

Can I clay if needed then apply 21 or do I need to strip for 21 to bond

FUNX650
09-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Whenever I need to clay...(per: "The Baggie Test"):
I follow-up with at least a very light polishing session.
That'll usually provide the base for a reapplication of M21.

Bob

Setec Astronomy
09-16-2014, 09:50 AM
I thought we just had a thread about this that was revived, the miscible and immiscible thread, I think. AquaWax is a spray sealant, so you're sealant-on-sealant, I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you are claying.

I'll pull my flame suit on for the purists who will want to burn me at the stake for suggesting you don't need to strip your previous sealant.

EDIT: Did I mention that M21 has cleaners in it anyway? (mild cleaners for bonding, pulling on second layer of Nomex)

thebeastofrock
09-16-2014, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you are claying.

I agree. Claying would almost certainly remove the AW and likely the remnants of M21 as well. With that said, I highly doubt that M21 will "fall off the paint" (as Mike Phillips says) if the surface isn't surgically clean. :xyxthumbs:

If you go through so much effort to make the paint perfectly clean, you might as well make it worth your while and apply a paint coating.

The Guz
09-16-2014, 10:35 AM
EDIT: Did I mention that M21 has cleaners in it anyway? (mild cleaners for bonding, pulling on second layer of Nomex)

FYI check out posts number 173 and 175. Seems like NXT and M21 have no cleaners in it.

Setec Astronomy
09-16-2014, 10:37 AM
FYI check out posts number 173 and 175. Seems like NXT and M21 have no cleaners in it.

Yeah, here we go. I'm too old for this, I went through this the first time when M21 came out 10 years ago.

frankprozzoly
09-16-2014, 10:52 AM
I don't feel like going over the car with a finishing polish. I'm feeling lazy. I'll do it before the white stuff starts falling.

frankprozzoly
09-16-2014, 10:54 AM
I thought we just had a thread about this that was revived, the miscible and immiscible thread, I think. AquaWax is a spray sealant, so you're sealant-on-sealant, I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you are claying.

I'll pull my flame suit on for the purists who will want to burn me at the stake for suggesting you don't need to strip your previous sealant.

I'm not good at searching old threads on the phone app. I'm not very good with computers. I wish I knew how to search better. I can only imagine the wealth of information that's on this forum

FUNX650
09-16-2014, 10:58 AM
I don't feel like going over the car with a finishing polish. I'm feeling lazy. I'll do it before the white stuff starts falling.
Please keep us apprised.
{Or is that surprised...:D}

In any event: Thanks.

Bob

dlc95
09-16-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm not good at searching old threads on the phone app. I'm not very good with computers. I wish I knew how to search better. I can only imagine the wealth of information that's on this forum

I just type the subject, then autogeek into my google browser. You'll usually find something along the lines your seeking.

dlc95
09-16-2014, 11:07 AM

It's confusing. A lot of conflicting I formation out there.