PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare SIRR Steel vs. Iron-X

expdetailing
09-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Can anyone testify to the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of Finish Kare SIRR iron remover. Iron-X is getting too expensive for me to keep using. I hate to say that because I feel using Iron-x is an important step in decontaminating the paint. I used $27 dollars worth of iron-x on the last detail I did. There's got to be another way. Anyone have any advice on this subject?

expdetailing
09-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Bump, anyone?

AutowerxDetailing
09-15-2014, 10:07 PM
How did you use so much Iron-X on one vehicle?

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

jamesboyy
09-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Iron-x is a great product by all means though a few ways to lessen cost of such product is by using it only on white/ very light colored cars, use on car's that you visually see rail dust, etc
Or just use iron-x for the highest priced detail package you have those are some suggestions but you don't need to iron-x every vehicle just to get great results, lastly there are similar products to iron-x but they won't stand up to it's performance IMO

expdetailing
09-15-2014, 10:15 PM
How did you use so much Iron-X on one vehicle?

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

I used it from a 1 liter bottle sprayed liberally on a gmc denali including the rims. No, I did not spray the roof.

expdetailing
09-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Iron-x is a great product by all means though a few ways to lessen cost of such product is by using it only on white/ very light colored cars, use on car's that you visually see rail dust, etc
Or just use iron-x for the highest priced detail package you have those are some suggestions but you don't need to iron-x every vehicle just to get great results, lastly there are similar products to iron-x but they won't stand up to it's performance IMO

I thought the whole point of using it was to ensure as little iron deposits would keep from getting picked up by the polisher's pad and drug around on the paint under the pad as it moves around.

jamesboyy
09-15-2014, 10:54 PM
I thought the whole point of using it was to ensure as little iron deposits would keep from getting picked up by the polisher's pad and drug around on the paint under the pad as it moves around.

Yes you are correct there though it wont be that much potential iron deposits after you clay the paintwork though

Tato
09-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Jamesboyy Suggestions are great,

mine is for you try to switch to iron-x paste.

CarPro Iron X Paste, iron remover, iron removal (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-paste-500.html)

In my opinion it's a lot more 'economic' and a bottle goes a long way. I spread it and agitate after a while using a wash mitt.

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards.