PDA

View Full Version : Leather Care Products

Pages : [1] 2

willowcat11
09-15-2014, 02:54 PM
Howdy everyone,

I have just come back from a couple year break. I am getting back into detailing again and am having a hard time deciding on a "solid" leather conditioner that will give the leather all it needs, without getting a brand that squirts Diamonds and Gold out, with the price to match.

It can be retail sold or Professional, doesn't matter. Multiple choices are cool to get me kind of looking in the right direction.

Brands like turtle wax, armour all, blue magic I'm NOT thinking about. And not the Wolfgang's or Pinnicales(to high in price). I would say anything Meguiars and up is cool.

Just a Good Solid one that does what it says it does with no added garbage with a good apperance.

I know there will be lots of opinions but that's cool!

I greatly appreciate it!

Peace out!

Ray

expdetailing
09-15-2014, 03:20 PM
I use zaino leather in a bottle and like it. You just spread it on and walk away. Smells good too. Wolfgang, Pinnacle, and Blackfire are also great. Pinnacle has decent sales; google their discount codes.

The Guz
09-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Is this for personal use or for business use?

mojo122
09-15-2014, 04:09 PM

An excellent question. I use Leather Master's on my personal vehicle and love the results. While there are some bargain products out there, I find that sometimes you get what you pay for. Previously I've had good experiences with both Meguiars and Mothers retail lines.

allenk4
09-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Poorboy's Leather Stuff (http://www.autogeek.net/pbls16.html)

Provides light cleaning and good conditioning on my coated leather (GMC)

Good, mid-priced product

willowcat11
09-15-2014, 04:35 PM

I wouldn't exactly call it a business. I detail about 15- 25 cars a year to make a little money on the side. But I do take pride in my work, and want to use good solid quality products.

Not sure if that many cars done at my home is considered a busines.

willowcat11
09-15-2014, 04:45 PM
I have been using Meguiars products for a long time. But only used their Gold Class Leather Conditioner a couple times. I try to stay in-Brand when possible, if anyone likes the Meguiars Leather care that would be good to know, otherwise whatever you guys consider you best picks.

Thanks again!

Ray

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
09-15-2014, 05:28 PM
I haven't used it personally *yet* but I've head a lot of good things about the Sonax leather cleaner.

DaveT435
09-15-2014, 05:39 PM
I like the Chemical guys cleaner and conditioner. The did a great job of cleaning, even dye transfer. Treated it with the conditioner and after a few months there was more dye transfer. I just wet a microfiber towel with the cleaner and one swipe it was gone

Belair
09-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Meg's GC is OK, but in my car with the perforated seats I use LM foam cleaner then their protectant, on my steering wheel also.

jjj
09-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Huge fan of cg leather cleaner and colinite leather sealant. It cleans and lasts for a long time to.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AG Online

james1
09-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Meguiars D181 Leather Cleaner for $21.99 a gallon her at AG. Megs also has a secondary bottle to go with it. Spray it on and use a terry cloth to scrub the leather. If the seats are a light colored leather then your clients will always say how nice they look.

I have tried several products over the years a gave this a try a few months ago and my clients just love it, and it is fast.

expdetailing
09-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Nothing will beet a good degreaser and a brush at cleaning (I didn't say protecting) coated leather.

wytstang
09-15-2014, 08:46 PM
My seats on see Leather Masters cleaner & conditioner with Optimum protectant plus for a quick wipe between cleanings.

The Guz
09-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Meguiars D181 Leather Cleaner for $21.99 a gallon her at AG. Megs also has a secondary bottle to go with it. Spray it on and use a terry cloth to scrub the leather. If the seats are a light colored leather then your clients will always say how nice they look.

I have tried several products over the years a gave this a try a few months ago and my clients just love it, and it is fast.

This is a good one step product.