PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Favourite LSP's

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Zubair
09-15-2014, 05:58 AM
This has possibly been asked before, however people change their minds/brands often, new products get released, also people tend to return to older favourites when new products are a let down, so too many variables, so wanted an update on waxes and sealant preferances and reasons why.Mines are:

1:Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance: show car shine with extreme durability
2:Menzerna Power Lock: glossy looks with really good durability
3:Collinite 845 Insulator Wax: decent looks with really good duability
4: Detailers Pro Max Wax: I don't own this yet but apparently show car looks but poor durability
5:Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax: Also on the to own list and read decent looks and extreme durability.

I would have loved to have added S100/P21S to 4th spot but from the tons of reading I've done it seems Max Wax beats it on the looks front as well as in durability( max wax not durable to begin with either). By durable I mean 3-6 months longevity, not 3-4 weeks.

So what are your top 5 and why?

swanicyouth
09-15-2014, 06:02 AM
Mines be:

(In no particular order)

1. NaviWax Ultimate
2. BF Midnight Sun
3. Füzion
4. Collinite 915
5. Dodo Blue Velvet Pro

List could change in 5 mins....

Zubair
09-15-2014, 06:05 AM
Mines be:

(In no particular order)

1. NaviWax Ultimate
2. BF Midnight Sun
3. Füzion
4. Collinite 915
5. Dodo Blue Velvet Pro

List could change in 5 mins....

No reasons as to why they are favourites?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-15-2014, 06:10 AM
1. PBL paint coating/Synergy
2. Fuzion
3. Souveran
4. BlackICE
5. Blacklight

Love the crystal clear pop that PBL paint coating displays.

Fuzion and Souveran are tied for ease of use and looks.

Synergy looks great over PBL paint coating.

BlackICE deepens the black glow on black paint

When im feeling lazy, Blacklight on a tangerine polishing pad gives gloss/depth to paint as an AIO/Glaze

swanicyouth
09-15-2014, 06:11 AM
No reasons as to why they are favourites?

They all look good and they are all easy/enjoyable to use....

addysdaddy
09-15-2014, 06:17 AM
AF Spirit
AF Illusion
Fuzion
Sonax Carnuaba
BF Crystal Seal

RobRabbit2.5
09-15-2014, 06:45 AM
1. Collinite 915
2. Collinite 476
3. Collinite 845
4. Wolfgang Sealant Glaze 3.0
5. Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Carnuaba Wax

The only products that i've used as an LSP since 2010 AD (after detailing) not BC (Before correction).

:xyxthumbs:

Zubair
09-15-2014, 06:56 AM
1. Collinite 915
2. Collinite 476
3. Collinite 845
4. Wolfgang Sealant Glaze 3.0
5. Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Carnuaba Wax

The only products that i've used as an LSP since 2010 AD (after detailing) not BC (Before correction).

:xyxthumbs:

I agree with 1-4, however the Megs Gold Class never offered anything to me, not sure if I got a bad bottle but tried it several times with nothing spectacular, or it could be the other lsp's I used over shadow it on all accounts. The Megs Ultimate liquid wax I have definately outlasts and out looks it.

top189h
09-15-2014, 07:44 AM
1. Dodo juice blue velvet pro. I see about 6 months of strong durability, it smells amazing and it is so easy to use. What sets it off completely for me is that it gives the white on my truck a nice subtle blueish tint for a couple of days.
2. Hydro2. It is a godsend for production style details and wheels. Some of my customer's cars are looking like they were just done after 3 months. On wheels, it usually starts to fade at the 3 month mark.
3. Collinite 845. I like it for the value pure and simple. It isn't the easiest thing to use sometimes, but it looks great and lasts a good while.
4. CQUK. I absolutely love the stuff, the only reason it isn't ranked higher is that I had trouble with spotting and light marring. The spots were no problem to get rid of with spotless, but I had trouble with the spotless leaving a haze. The light marring is also so minor that I can't see it unless I break out the inspection light in a dark garage.
5. Surf City Barrier Reef paste. Again, value, at 17 dollars a tin and good looks and decent durability, it's hard to beat.

Desertnate
09-15-2014, 08:18 AM
I haven't really tried many LSP's as most since I set into one product and used it for almost a decade.

1) Collinite 845. Great looks and durability that will go the distance
2) Klasse SG. Great looks on light colors and metalics, but not as easy to use as 845, so it's fallen to #2 on my list. Great durability as well, especially when you use two coats.
3) One Grand Blitz Wax. High carnauba content wax, so like most others in this catagory it looks amazing, but durability can be measured in weeks rather than months.
4) Meguiars Deep Crystal Carnanuba liquid wax. Surprisingly good look and durability for the price paid. Just doesn't quite stack up to the others.

conquistador
09-15-2014, 08:31 AM
UPGP+
Sonax PNS
Optimum Car Wax
4*UPP
Hydro2

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Zubair
09-15-2014, 08:46 AM
How does 4 Star UPP compare to PL/BFWD/WGDGPS?

Dogfather
09-15-2014, 08:58 AM
UPGP+

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Can that stuff get a daily driver through the winter?
My WOWA experience is limited to OS and Z-CS.

Shortspark
09-15-2014, 09:00 AM
1. DG 105/601 - long lasting and excellent value.
2. Sonax Polymer Net Shield - I don't like the way it grabs and is not the easiest to apply but the protection and beading is second to none.
3. DG 111/601 - same as 1 above but even better for a white car.
4. Collinite 845 - because it is what it is. 'Nuff said.
5. OCW - ease of use and a deeper, richer look than any of the others. Although it is really more of a sealant than a real wax, it is almost paste-like Carnauba in appearance.

Honorable mention - Griot's Garage Premium Paste Wax. Big bang for the buck, huge tin lasts a long time - $40 and you have enough for several years. Best sheeting Carnauba wax I've found.

swanicyouth
09-15-2014, 09:06 AM
Ok... I have 5 more in my top 5:

(No particular order)

1. Souverän

2. Prima HydroMax

3. Natty's Blue - new entry. Love how this wax looks. But, since I'm very careful with polishing & prep - I love how most waxes look. This stuff doesn't "glow"; it's dark & crisp.

4. Bouncer's CTR: lots of glow & jetting

5. P21S 100%