PDA

View Full Version : PBL Paint Coating and Collonite 476

KneeDragr
09-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Detailed my DD today. Clayed the hood and ran a finishing polish over it, then PBL paint cleaner, then IPA wipedown before coating it with PBL paint coating. I just want to test my prep and application process on the hood, make sure its working before moving onto the rest of the car, which got 476.

It was 70 degrees and dry and the PBL was flashing very quickly, no way I could do half the hood. Ended up just doing a couple shots on a small area, wiping with the PBL coating applicator until it flashed, then wiping down with a MF because I was getting excess were I changed direction with the applicator. Things seemed to go fine and I inspected the hood under bright LED and sunlight and saw no high spots or streaks afterwards.

476 seemed really easy to work with. I applied it thin 1 panel at a time, and wiped off just as it was hazing. Came off very easy. Not Fuzion easy, but easier than FK1000p for sure.

Hopefully my PBL application worked and I can do the whole car later in the fall as prep for the winter. If it didnt take I will redo the hood until I get it right.